× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No home folder for new user on 524x ios6

tonyvee
Follower

No home folder for new user on 524x ios6

Just created new user and a folder in the home directory wasnt created (Ralph). I tried deleting them and creating again but still not showing. Tried restarting but no joy. I see posts saying that the new user has to access via SMB, however when i typoe the NAS address and \home\ralph it just says cannot find. If i remove the ralph then it finds the home folder and admin/ftpuser folders ok. ANy ideas

Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: No home folder for new user on 524x ios6

Trying to access the new user's home folder while still logged on with another account is not the same thing as logging in as the new user.  Because Windows does not allow you to log into the same network device using two sets of credentials, you may need to delete any drives accessed under another account before you can log in with the new one.  If you always use the NAS name to access it rather than the IP address, then you should be able to log in with a different account using the IP address (and vice-versa) because Windows does not recognize that they are the same device.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements