× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No more NAS Support by Netgear

Bergradler
Tutor

No more NAS Support by Netgear

I just like to express my deepest frustration to Netgear since no support by the hotline anymore even though it seems to be a software bug of the NAS OS which caused my NAS RN314 to stuck during booting. The email address the Netgear hotline provided me, readynassupport@netgear.com , does not respond even after several reminders since September 2022!
As a consequence I will not buy anymore any devices from Netgear and I do recommend to any supposed client to step back from any purchase from Netgear.
Message 1 of 8
HelpNeeded2
Initiate

Similarly, I had 4 tickets over 6 weeks of email support because we were still in warranty. All they did was string me along until it ran out. They never understood the issue and were most likely just reading off a support script. Netgear had fixed a similar issue via paid premium support before and had it fixed in minutes. The fact that one cannot even purchase premium support says a lot too. We had System volume root space issues. I learned way more from StephenB on here than anything the official support channel got me. In the end, a local Linux expert logged in via SSH just like I was guiding Netgear support to do. He found the issue and had it fixed in less than 5 minutes from walking in the door.

Like you this "customer service" experience has not only soured me on Netgear NAS, but on all Netgear products both personally and professionally.

Message 2 of 8
Bergradler
Tutor

Thanks for sharing your experience here as well. Hope more disappointed Netgear users will join and share their experience as well to express their discomfort with how Netgear is treating their users! Especially to discontinue support of extremely important system like a NAS which normally is used over a longer period of time (since harddisks as the wearing parts can be exchanged)  is completely unprofessional.

Even here in the community I just realized that it is not possible to add my RN314 model by # or from the "associated products" list to this topic. Another annoying experience!

As you mentioned StephenB here: I cannot overestimate the support given by StephenB to so many stuck users here in the community over the last years. His knowledge, effort and responsiveness is outstanding and it is really amazing with what patience he responds even to (I think for him) sometimes silly questions 🙂

He deserves to be paid for this by Netgear! Thanks again to StephenB from here :-))

Message 3 of 8
Leventh
Apprentice

Same here, I've never get Netgear support and don't want to as well, I think they left off their customers even in business products.
No more sw/fw updates, lefting their customers with old sw. kernels and so on...

In fact, as you mentioned I owe a debt of gratitude to StephenB and Sandshark, unlike Netgear, they struggle to help people here.

Message 4 of 8
npandit
Aspirant

Hello @Bergradler 

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

Could you please try performing OS reinstall.

OS-reinstall is a safe method and the data is not impacted at all.

Link for Reference : https://kb.netgear.com/23005/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-316-516-716

Have a lovely day,
Nivedita Pa
Netgear Team

Message 5 of 8
Bergradler
Tutor

Thanks for this hint which was one of the first measures I did. To solve my issue, remote access by Netgear would have been required in September 2022 but no response despite several email reminder to Netgear.
As mentioned in my post StevenB gave me extraordinary support during Christmas time (a real Christmas present) and my two NAS are working flawlessly since beginning of January.
Best Regards

Carsten
Message 6 of 8
stephen_DuMont
Aspirant

I have readyCLOUD on my phone but none of my other android devices can get it because it's not in the store anymore.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@stephen_DuMont wrote:

I have readyCLOUD on my phone but none of my other android devices can get it because it's not in the store anymore.

It doesn't work anyway, as Netgear shut down the ReadyCloud service some months ago.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements