× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No volume exists

jisaacmurray
Aspirant

No volume exists

Hi all,

I've experienced an unexpected behavior on my RN31600 (Firmware 6.1.6)  after a drive failure (slot 4) I swapped the failed drive for a new one but instead of rebuilding the RAID volume as expected I get a message to "Please remove inactive volumes in order to use the disk. Disk #1, 2, 3, 5, 6" and also that "No volume exists"if I go to the 'shares' page. I haven't found any insight into solutions - looks like other people that have posted with similar errors ended up needing to use Netgear's data recovery service, but I thought I should post in case there is an obvious fix to try that I'm not aware of.

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No volume exists

Hi jisaacmurray,

L3 has now remotely accessed the NAS and making correction to it. The NAS will be rebooted into Normal mode afterwards.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jisaacmurray,

Welcome to the Community!

It is possible that other disks might have failed while the new disk is syncing. You may download the logs and then provide it to us so we can further check this. You can upload it to a file sharing site and then PM me the download link.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@jisaacmurray wrote:

(Firmware 6.1.6)

This is ancient firmware (Feb 2014).  You should update it after you get your problem resolved.

Message 3 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jisaacmurray,

Please enable SDM (Secure Diagnostic Mode) on your NAS. We will try to fix the problem on your NAS. You may enable that by going to System>Settings>Support. Please PM me the 5-digit  port number after enabling it.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jisaacmurray,

L3 has now remotely accessed the NAS and making correction to it. The NAS will be rebooted into Normal mode afterwards.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
jisaacmurray
Aspirant

Thanks to JohnCM_S and the L3 who logged into our system and rebuilt it, our share is now working normally. They were very helpful! Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements