× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No web access

st_jb
Aspirant

No web access

Hello,

I have a ReadyNAS at work, with two VLAN access (let's call them VLAN1 and VLAN2). A few weeks back, the web access from VLAN1 came down and I couldn't access it. Well, not a big deal, I still had access from the second VLAN. And now, a few days ago, the second web access is down. I restarted the NAS with no success.

I don't remember which firmware is installed because this NAS was installed before I was hired. The second network card is still working though, because I have a backup job on it and it still works fine.

I really need the web access, and I don't know how to make it work.

Thanks for your help (and apologies for my english as it's not my first language)

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No web access

Hi @st_jb

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked the NAS status on RAIDar? Also if it is still getting any IP on your NIC1 and the VLANs? You will also be able to check on the FW version using RAIDar.

If it still has the correct addresses or the NAS is working fine, try checking on your browser by clearing the web cache or changing the browser when trying to access the NAS.

Otherwise, you may have to check the IP of your NIC2 and try accessing the NAS with it.

Hope this helps!

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @st_jb

Welcome to the Community!

Have you checked the NAS status on RAIDar? Also if it is still getting any IP on your NIC1 and the VLANs? You will also be able to check on the FW version using RAIDar.

If it still has the correct addresses or the NAS is working fine, try checking on your browser by clearing the web cache or changing the browser when trying to access the NAS.

Otherwise, you may have to check the IP of your NIC2 and try accessing the NAS with it.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 3
st_jb
Aspirant

Hello @Marc_V ,

Thank you for your reply.

There is something VERY strange going on: yesterday, RAIDar couldn't see the defective NAS and I couldn't connect to the web access.

Today, I opened up RAIDar and the NAS was detected and working fine according to it. I then typed the IP adress of my NAS on my browser (Firefox Quantum v. 65.0.1) and... it worked. I have access to the web administration and everything.

I really don't understand what happened because I didn't change a thing, whether it is on the computer or the network.

Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements