× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OS 6.10 Release

bedlam1
Prodigy

OS 6.10 Release

Can anyone advise on how the new features added in OS 6.10 (Highlit in RED below) can be viewed/accessed ?

"

New Features and Enhancements:

• ReadyTIER support for data tiering, including
    • Allowing all writes to the ReadyNAS to benefit from SSD
    • Addition of data tier migration options
    • Volume Performance charts which provide more information when you have multiple RAID Groups
  • Added Audit logging
    • Audit helps provide monitoring and logging for each of the protocols for specified shares and the admin interface.
    • Audit provides logs for login attempts, reads, writes, and deletes
    • Audit archive function allows you to save a duration of audit logs
  • Added Established connections to provide information about active connections
  • Improved the current logging and searching capability
  • Improved Amazon Drive support  including allowing users to migrate configs to newer cloud sync options
  • Added ADS Import Timeout (sec) setting
  • Added maintenance and updates options that allow you to configure for hot fixes or email notifications
  • USB labels are now displayed and editable
  • USB share names are now editable
  • Shares have the options to display the number of files, folders and space consumed.

Message 1 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @bedlam1

Audit logging, Established connections and Improved logging can all be found by going to System>Logs

Improved logging gives customers more options on what they can filter, such as the level of severity, the category issue type, and setting date range filters. Search is also allowed now.

Audit logging was a highly requested feature that has been included on 6.10. You can audit protocols based on actions, user, file/folders. date ranges, and host/ip. This can be found on System>Logs>Audit. You may have to enable Auditing through System>Settings

Established connections found under System>Logs>Connections lets you see all active connections on the ReadyNAS. It's helpful for determining current usage and activity.

You will be able to see the total number of consumed space and files on all shares by going into the share properties/settings. Calculation is independent of Quota, so Quota will not be required to be enabled to see this numbers.

Most likely Settings for Maintenance and Update options will be under System>Settings.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

@Marc_V wrote:

You will be bale to see the total number of consumed space and files on all shares by going into the share properties/settings. Calculation is independent of Quota, so Quota will not be required to be enabled to see this numbers.

Is this perhaps only visible when quotas are not enabled?  I'm not finding this.

Message 3 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The feature should be within the Share's setting under the Auto-defrag option and above the size/quota setting.There should also be a text link that says "Calculate"

This should be visible even if Quota is not enabled, please let us know if there are any issues.

Regards

Message 4 of 14
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

The Consumed space calculation has been removed from the UI at this time. We found a critical memory related issue with this feature just before we were releasing. We are working on a fix for this memory issue to bring the feature back in the up coming release.

Message 5 of 14
GG-71
Aspirant

After I updated from 6.9.5 to 6.10.0

the Admin Page show me no more antivirus

and I can not install any app.

Bug or feature?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 6 of 14
GG-71
Aspirant

I can not change permissions on shares. After I changed something and press [Apply] I get "Folder operation failed."

upload_178.png

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 7 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@GG-71 wrote:

the Admin Page show me no more antivirus

As the release notes say,  the Antivirus service has been removed for RN100 systems.

Message 8 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@GG-71 wrote:

I can not change permissions on shares. After I changed something and press [Apply] I get "Folder operation failed."

Were you trying to change Network permissions or File permissions?

Message 9 of 14
msq
Apprentice
Apprentice

This can be found on System>Logs>Audit. You may have to enable Auditing through System>Settings

Established connections found under System>Logs>Connections lets you see all active connections on the ReadyNAS. It's helpful for determining current usage and activity.

Hi,

After uptodae on one of my RND102 devices to 6.10.0 hotfix 2 I can't see any of those:

• option to enable audit on the system >> settings page. The only new thing for me here (apart from missing av, but saw that in release notes) is the "Maintenance and Updates" part with two checkboxes for updates notification and auto-apply hotfix, nothing more
  • system >> logs >> audit. It is just not there
  • system >> logs >> connections, again - it is just not there

Any chance those are not available on RND10x devices or for some reason were (temporary ..?) removed in hotfix 2 release?

Thank you for your help!

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 10 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@msq wrote:

This can be found on System>Logs>Audit. You may have to enable Auditing through System>Settings

Any chance those are not available on RND10x devices or for some reason were (temporary ..?) removed in hotfix 2 release?

The auditing is only available on the x86 NAS - not the RN100, RN200, or RN210 platforms.

Message 11 of 14
discopangpang
Aspirant

what!? 

Message 12 of 14
Equinox1
Guide

Please hurry on the space calculation feature....that would be really useful. That said, I completely understand the criticality of memory and how hard they are to fix.

it would have been great to mention this removal on the release notes, though.

Message 13 of 14
ronaldvr2132
Apprentice

How can I edit the settings after I enabled the new audit in the logging section? I have activated it and saw you can select the details of which level and for which share it is enabled, but after applying the apply button I can't find the way to come back to these settings to verify and alter them if I want to do so.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements