× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OS 6.8.1 Slow Windows XP File Transfers

scravatt
Apprentice

OS 6.8.1 Slow Windows XP File Transfers

In the new OS release (6.8.1) file transfers to my Windows XP (32bit) computer comes to a crawl. When I downgraded my NAS back to OS 6.8.0, my XP system transfers files fine. So...something in the latest firmware release has an effect on transfering files to a Windowsw XP (32bit) computer. Note: My Windows 7 (64bit) computers work fine.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: OS 6.8.1 Slow Windows XP File Transfers

Did you try playing with SMBPlus on 6.8.1?

Message 2 of 4
scravatt
Apprentice

have no idea what that is and not sure what "playing with" means. I worked fine in 6.8.0 and doesn't work in 6.8.1...means soemthing is broken and needs ot be fixed.  I don't want to spend my days troubleshooting netgears poor updates.

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@scravatt wrote:

have no idea what that is and not sure what "playing with" means. I worked fine in 6.8.0 and doesn't work in 6.8.1...means soemthing is broken and needs ot be fixed. 

It means running the app and looking at the advanced SMB settings.  In particular looking to see if SMBv1 is enabled or not.

@scravatt wrote:

I don't want to spend my days troubleshooting netgears poor updates.

If you aren't willing to do some troubleshooting, then you probably shouldn't be posting here.

Note I don't work for Netgear - my view on this is my own.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements