× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OS reinstall

albback
Aspirant

OS reinstall

can someone please help by giving me a step by step instructions on how to reinstall OS on a readynas102 so i can sign in to the admin page and be able to use ,username=admin and password = password,i do not want to loose or wipe data if possible

best regards

Alan

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: OS reinstall

Pages 15 and 16 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/RN%20OS%206%20Desktop%20HW%20UM_15Oct2013.pd...

If you can still access the NAS from file explorer, I recommend backing up the data first.  The process is generally safe, but still a backup is a good idea.

Message 2 of 8
albback
Aspirant

will i loose my data,stephen,i very new to this and there`s to much info,im getting confused its a 3tb hard drive

Message 3 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@albback wrote:

will i loose my data,stephen,i very new to this and there`s to much info,im getting confused its a 3tb hard drive

You shouldn't, but you still need to back it up - drives (and NAS) can fail.  A 3 TB USB drive isn't that expensive.

Message 4 of 8
albback
Aspirant

i can open up raidar browse the folders and check to play files or look at photos but i cannot use the setup menue as it asks me to sign in,ive forgotten my details

cheers

Alan

Message 5 of 8
albback
Aspirant

lol 3 tb hard drive

Message 6 of 8
albback
Aspirant

Hi Stephen , I'm sorry I never got back to you I have been in hospital for a long time and you were trying to reset my RN102 if I press the reset button on the back with a pin,will it delete the data on my 3tb hard drive .all I want to do is be able to login to the nas .and enter the admin page,I very new to all this.i was hoping to just press the button and let it do what is supposed to do and it would be back to default username=admin and password=password also how long does it take,I do not want to wipe data Thanx Alan
Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

The instructions are in the earlier post: Pages 15 and 16 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/RN%20OS%206%20Desktop%20HW%20UM_15Oct2013.pd...  It's not as simple as just pushing the reset button.

Although the procedure shouldn't harm your data, there is always some risk that something could go wrong.  That is why I recommended copying the data from the NAS to another location (perhaps a USB drive).   If you don't have enough storage, you can perhaps just copy the files that are most important to you.

@albback wrote:
 I have been in hospital for a long time ...

Sorry to hear that, and I hope you are fully recovered.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements