× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Onedrive sync problem 6.9.1

Dorset_tx
Guide

OS6.9.1 Onedrive Cloud Sync (Beta) - Sync incomplete

Hi,

Have configured Onedrive cloud backup from my ReadyNAS to my Onedrive. Just on folder at the moment bidirectional sync. The folder on ReadyNAS is around 11Gb the sync ran for some 40 hours before it seem to complete. There are no logs or status reports to check. However, on my Onedrive there is only 9Gb and random folders and files seem  to be missing all over the synced folder structure.

Anyone else using this feature and found similar problems?

R.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Tim_J

Have you tried updating to 6.9.3 RC1?

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 16

All Replies
Dorset_tx
Guide

Onedrive sync problem 6.9.1

Hi,

Have a folder/directory configured to backup to onedrive, bidirectional sync. The complete structure sub-folders and files is around 12Gb. After 40 hours network activity stopped. Checking Onedrive the upload was incomplete only 9Gb with an apparently random selection of files and folders missing.

Tried adding a new file to Onedrive but this didn't get synced back to Readynas. Restarted Readynas about 15 mins network activity a few more (4) files appear on Onedrive and the new Onedrive file synced to Readynas then zero activity. Anyway to find out what the problem is? Nothing appears in main log file and can't find any way of accessing cloud backup status or logs?

R.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 2 of 16
Dorset_tx
Guide

Update.

Okay looks like this Beta functionality is fatally flawed. Went to see if I could find some status or logs to find that Onedrive cloud backup has turned itself off. When I re enable it I had to login to Onedrive again and then found that the session setup previously has vanished.

Since no one seems to be monitoring or responding to this forum thread I'm not sure how one feeds back Beta issues.

Message 3 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Dorset_tx

is Internet and Service check marks showing on your Cloud tab?

It would be good to provide us the full logs so we can properly check the issue.

Regards

Message 4 of 16
Dorset_tx
Guide

Hi Marc,

The Cloud tab just gives me a list of the various Cloud services with on off toggle. There is no internet or service available indicators on this tab. I now have an entry in the main log:" Sat 13 2018 13:26 System: Unauthorised. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with One Drive."  But this is the only log entry related to One Drive in the System tab, sub-tab Logs. I guess this why the One Drive sync switched off but doesn't explain why the session has vanished or why the Cloud sync never completed as this disconnect is 6 days after the session was originally created.

I have now turned One Drive sync back on. Logged into One Drive and added the session back. So far all that has happened is a new .nnnnn folder has appeared in the Readynas folder and there is no apparent network activity.

Will happily supply logs and any other info if you let me know where to find it?

Thanks,

Richard.

Message 5 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

hi @Dorset_tx

You can download the full logs by going to System>Logs then click on download logs.

You can PM me the link so I can download it.

Have you tried changing your password and re-login?

Message 6 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Dorset_tx wrote:

The Cloud tab just gives me a list of the various Cloud services with on off toggle. There is no internet or service available indicators on this tab.

That is because ReadyCloud isn't enabled.  Of course you don't need it for OneDrive sync.

Message 7 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Dorset_tx

Would like to make a follow up, is Onedrive sync working now?

Message 8 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Dorset_tx

Just following up, is the issue now resolved?

Regards

Message 9 of 16
Dorset_tx
Guide

Hi Marc,

At the moment no. Last message from B was that he was downloading the logs and would get back to me once he had looked at them. I guess this is taking a bit of time or has thrown up an issue that needs further investigation. Would like to get sync working but can work around it for the time being.

R.

Message 10 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Dorset_tx

If it's okay kindly send me a link to your logs through PM if possible.

Regards

Message 11 of 16
Tim_J
Aspirant

Watching with anticipation as I have exactly the same problem. OneDrive Sync seems to give up and not complete the job.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 12 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Tim_J

Have you tried updating to 6.9.3 RC1?

Message 13 of 16
Tim_J
Aspirant

Aha, that appears to have fixed it - many thanks - syncing perfectly now. Cheers.

Message 14 of 16
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Tim_J

It's good to hear it is now working.

@Dorset_tx you may want to check on the firmware update as well.

Message 15 of 16
Dorset_tx
Guide

Hi Marc,

Bryan has been working through a series of issues the one drive cloud sync on my system via SDM mode and PMs. I haven't posted here as Bryan has been dropping fixes directly to my system and monitoring the outcome. I will be updating to 693RC1 when I get a chance as this has these fixes plus a fix which resolves the penultimate issue with the cloud sync causing the disks to spin up repeatedly during periods when they should be spun down if the spin down is enabled. The final issue I have is a trivial one to do with logging which hopefully will be fixed by the formal release of 693. Hopefully this info helps anyone following this thread.

R.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements