× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OneDrive sync support (beta)

jdh2
Aspirant

OneDrive sync support (beta)

I'm exploring the beta support for OneDrive sync, and found several shortcomings that I'd like to see addressed in updates to the 6.9.0 firmware:

1. Shared folders that are added to my OneDrive aren't sync, while on Windows and Mac clients they are sync'd. The NAS should sync them as well. This has been committed as a 6.9.1 feature, which is great.

2. There is no multi-user support, though it really needs to be added. User A should be able to sync their OneDrive to their own share, while user B should be able to log in and establish a separate OneDrive authentication and sync relationship in their own share.

3. There is no way to ascertain sync state / progress.  Somewhere there needs to be a progress indicator or "files remaining to be sync'd." Otherwise, users have no idea whether their ReadyNAS is in a clean or dirty sync state, thus no confidence of a full copy of their data.

4. You should document that a 0 means "no bandwidth restriction" rather than "0 KBps allowed". 

Thanks,
Jeff

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 9
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@jdh2

Thanks for your suggestion, I will report them to PM.

Message 2 of 9
Tonze
Aspirant

Apologies if I have posted to wrong area (Im a newbie to the community). I have similar issue with Microsoft Onedrive cloud syncing Beta (6.9.3). Works ok, but fails after uploading about 10.4 Gb. Error message states "Authenication Failed. OneDrive out of storage capacity" or something similar.  However I have 1 Tb of storage available after upgrading to OneDrive premium, so this is not correct.  Any ideas on how to fix?

ps. Please let me know where to post this "Cry for Help" message in the community if I have incorrectly posted.

Many thanks in anticipation

Model: RN31661E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 3 of 9
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@Tonze

I don't see the issue in my account, I have uploaded sync 113.9GB data.

Could do please login Onedrive portal to check capacity usage?

Message 4 of 9
Tonze
Aspirant

Thanks @evan2

Ive check again. Definately 10.4Gb used of 1.1Tb Capacity. Note, I upgraded from Free (5Gb) to Premium  soon after discovering the Netgear Cloud Onedrive option.  I disconnected using the LEAVE button, and setup again using my credentials, but to no avail.  I'm flummoxed

Model: RN31661E|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 5 of 9
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

@Tonze

Could do you please enable secure diagnostic?

then PM me 5 digitals and let us remote to check what problem happen for your onedrive.

RAIDar Secure diagnostic
https://kb.netgear.com/27391/ReadyNAS-RAIDar-6-0
or enable secure diagnosticn in NAS admin GUI =>System=>Settings=>Support

Message 6 of 9
steve2104
Star

Have the same problem with my Onedrive just now.  My Onedrive is around 200Gb of the 1Tb storage space I have.  Has been working great up until the last power down and power up.  Now I am getting Unauthorised and out of space errors but have loads of space without limitation.....  Help please!  This Onedrive App has been working great until now...

Message 7 of 9
Tonze
Aspirant

I worked out with @evan2 that the Onedrive App is providing false reading. It still works. Just ignore it. Hopefully fixed before it goes to full support

Message 8 of 9
steve2104
Star

Thanks! 🙂

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements