× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OneDrive

FG
Aspirant
Aspirant

OneDrive

I turned on OneDrive from the cloud tab a few weeks back. It was working fine for weeks and now I see the One Drive feature is set to OFF. I am the only with access to NAS. I did not turn it off. Also, I looked at files on OneDrive and they were all there a week or so back, but now about 100 files have been to trash bin on OneDrive. Again, I'm only with access to OneDrive account.

I have NAS OneDrive set to upload only, 1 way sync.

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
firmware 6.9.4

Model: RN2120|ReadyNAS 2120 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 12
FG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I posted this question a while back.

I'm still seeing the same problem.

Message 2 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FG,

Are you not able to set the OneDrive to ON again after it was automatically set to OFF?

What is the current firmware of the NAS?

Regards,

Message 3 of 12
FG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I can turn it on again, but then soon after it turns itself back off.

firmware 6.9.5

Message 4 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FG,

That is actually my first time encountering that behavior on the NAS. Can you download the logs and provide it to us? We will check if we can see something on it that caused the issue. You may upload it to Google Drive then PM (private message) me the download link.

Regards,

Message 5 of 12
FG
Aspirant
Aspirant

PM sent.

Message 6 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FG,

Thank you for providing the logs.

We are actually not sure what happened in December. There is nothing much on the logs that show what happened at that time.

It looks like there was an error 503 that happened last February, then you had a DNS issue.

Feb 08 21:00:12 NAS ng-csd[6848]: E0208 21:00:12.020694  6848 CurlHttpClient.cpp:313] Curl returned error code 6. Couldn't resolve host name

Are you using OneDrive for business? It looks like there is some crazy stuff that happened in February.

Regards,

Message 7 of 12
FG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it is not a personal One Drive account.

I just logged on to One Drive. Deleted everything and trashed the trash can too.

I will turn on enable One Drive on the NAS and see what tomorrow yeilds. 

Message 8 of 12
FG
Aspirant
Aspirant

What do you mean "crazy stuff"

Can you elaborate? 

Message 9 of 12
FG
Aspirant
Aspirant

This morning, on the NAS One Drive is still enabled, which is good.

But when I log on to One Drive not all of the files and folders have been uploaded. Looks like it stopped mid upload.  There is a not a lot of data, about 60GB total. I won't think that would be a problem to upload in the last 12 hours.

A few minutes ago I also did a test. I uploaded an empty .txt file to one of the folders on the NAS that syncs with One Drive........in hopes that the .txt file would sync to One Drive, it did not.

New log files from the NAS were created a few minutes ago and uploaded to the link I provided yesterday.

Thank you

Message 10 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FG,

There are a lot of unknown errors that happened last February. I have forwarded the logs to L3 so they can check it as well. I will provide you an update as soon as I get feedback.

Regards,

Message 11 of 12
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FG,

I got feedback from L3.

The error in the one-drive.log that caused OneDrive to keep turning off is:

Feb 17 18:12:51 NAS ng-csd[2846]: E0217 18:12:51.398716  2846 Service.cpp:589] Catch TerminateMeException. Terminate me exception: Local path /volume2/z_Deep_Storage/server drives/TekFolder/ was deleted.

L3 checked the table 'onedrive_session' in db.dump and the content is as follow:

INSERT INTO onedrive_session VALUES('1543539789','1543539703','/volume2/z_Deep_Storage/server drives/TekFolder','/NAS','upsync');

This shows the up sync that you have configured on your OneDrive but, the local folder has been deleted so that synchronization was not working. This is the reason OneDrive keeps turning off.

The system logs also show that One Drive service stopped due to the missing local path.

status.log:2173:[18/12/09 18:13:00 PST] err:system:LOGMSG_CLOUDSTORAGE_MISSING_LOCAL_PATH One Drive service is stopped due to missing local path: .

status.log:3741:[19/02/17 18:12:51 PST] err:system:LOGMSG_CLOUDSTORAGE_MISSING_LOCAL_PATH One Drive service is stopped due to missing local path: .

Since 'Join In' and 'Turn On/Off' are now separated, this may result for the synchronized session not being removed before the service is turned off.

The workaround is to create the local path first, and then perform the required operations after successfully turning on OneDrive.

Regards,

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements