× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Onedrive Backup Failure

Mike-73
Aspirant

Onedrive Backup Failure

Hello,

Having a problem with One Drive, all was wroking perfectly well syncing to my file with projects and users able to work off one drive remotely, files then syncing back from one drive onto our NAS.

Recentyl noted that files aren't coming back and syncing, tried the latest firmwre update this didn't work. Tried taking one of the folders off and then reinstating and now have an error message that reads .... 

Faield to retrieve root directory from server. 

I read another post which sounded very similar, soemone kindly found a bug and did a patch repair i read, posting here as hoping i may have some assitance.

Many thanks

Mike 

Model: RN4220S|ReadyNAS 4220 2xSFP+ (chassis only)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mike-73
Aspirant

Re: Onedrive Backup Failure

Hello,

Thanks for responding, i tried deleting a single project file, that didn't appear to work. I advertently i did delete the entire cloud link, this fixed it as when i tried to add just one of the folders back everything statrerd syncing once again.  Thansk for your input, hope someone else reads this and it helps solving there probs.  Pretty much turning off and back on Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mike-73,

May I know the current firmware version of your ReadyNAS device?

Have you also tried leaving then rejoining the NAS to OneDrive?

You may also download the NAS system logs and check the one-drive.log to find some clues on what could be the cause of the issue.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Mike-73
Aspirant

Hello,

Thanks for responding, i tried deleting a single project file, that didn't appear to work. I advertently i did delete the entire cloud link, this fixed it as when i tried to add just one of the folders back everything statrerd syncing once again.  Thansk for your input, hope someone else reads this and it helps solving there probs.  Pretty much turning off and back on Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mike-73,

It is good to know that the OneDrive is working now. Thank you for sharing your resolution and/or workaround.:)

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements