× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Only 1 file being backed up from the Tivo to Readynas

cbr600
Aspirant

Only 1 file being backed up from the Tivo to Readynas

Hi
Heres my probelm. I have a Reaydnas Pro 6 running 4.2.19
I have set up the Tivo archiving service. I have enabled Tivo support and it finds my Tivo and is activated.It says it is Idle. I have archiving set to /c/media and scheduled once per day.

I have many fiolders on the Tivo with recorded progams. IE one folder has say 10 programs all set to keep until I delete.
The Tivo service on the Readynas will only back up the first showe in each Tivo folder to the share.
I map my pc and see the "TiVo" Folder under the Media Share, then uder this is a folder called "DVR-F37D" then each of the folders from the Tivo are there. In each folder there is only 1 tv show ( even though there are 10 on the tivo) There is a system info file and a Tivo file. There should be say 10 episodes in that folder.

Does anyone know why it wont back up all the tv episodes in each folder from the Tivo
I have tried rescanning, turning the Tivo on and off . Disabling the Tivo stremaing service on the readnas and retstarting. ahrrr Please help.

cheers
Message 1 of 6
cbr600
Aspirant

The TIVO Death Star is nearly full and I must archive.
Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi you are my only hope.......
Message 2 of 6
cbr600
Aspirant

What I was hoping to see was "I’m Luke Skywalker, I’m here to rescue you".....
obvously they are all off fighting the evil QNAP drones....
Message 3 of 6
cbr600
Aspirant

I also just checked the ReadyDLNA verison i am runing on my Readynas Pro.
It is 1.0.22. Is this thre latest one?
Is there any newer ones i can try?

It seems to be a recurssive issie where it will only read one file per directory.
Has anyone else have it archiving multiple files in the one folder ok?
Message 4 of 6
chuckk9032
Aspirant

The version on the ReadyNAS site is 1.0.22. Where did you get .22?
Message 5 of 6
denarius1
Aspirant

I am here at the moment researching why the backup of KUID files has stopped entirely, but before this issue I have not seen any problem with multiple episodes in a folder getting archived to my ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus. For example, different episodes in the folder for the show "Biography" get archived to a "Biography" folder on the ReadyNAS.

However, if a Tivo folder had multiple videos with the same name, as is the case if a single broadcast of a day in a tennis tournament was set to manually record, and the recording stopped and started by a viewer in order to break up the recording into smaller segments, only one of the identically-named video files will get backed up to the ReadyNAS. I have to rename the files on the ReadyNAS in order for another segment to get archived. But I doubt that this is the same as what you are describing.

Currently, nothing is getting backed up from the Tivo. : (

ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus
RAIDiator 4.2.20-T4
ReadyDLNA v1.0.22
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements