× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Outlook Archiver

ehammock1
Aspirant

Outlook Archiver

Hi,

I am looking for some assistance in selecting some software for archiving my outlook emails. I use vault at work (I am not IT crowd!), it seems to be a good program from a user point of view. I am looking for some software which will automatically archive the email from my pst file, based on date, therefore keeping it small. I need to be able to locate and restore the email easily from my ReadyNAS back to outlook.

Thanks,

Ed.
Message 1 of 5
ehammock1
Aspirant

Re: Outlook Archiver

ehammock wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for some assistance in selecting some software for archiving my outlook emails. I use vault at work (I am not IT crowd!), it seems to be a good program from a user point of view. I am looking for some software which will automatically archive the email from my pst file, based on date, therefore keeping it small. I need to be able to locate and restore the email easily from my ReadyNAS back to outlook.

Thanks,

Ed.

Further to my last, does anyone have any experience of any of these for archiving: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.asp?
Message 2 of 5
claykin
Aspirant

Have you considered switching to IMAP for mail? Gmail is an example. Or, if you own your own domain, Godaddy will sell you their unlimited email service for $35/yr. You get up to 10 email boxes to use with any of your registered domains all with unlimited storage and IMAP access.

If you want everything from Outlook synchronized to the cloud consider hosted exchange 2010 for $6-$9 per month. Most offer 25GB of storage space by default today. Microsoft just released Office365 which you can use for this purpose.
Message 3 of 5
jck_co_im
Aspirant

the Nas could backup the pst files at a scheduled time. However Outlook locks the .pst files when open, so the pc would need to be on without outlook running.
Message 4 of 5
ehammock1
Aspirant

Thanks for all the advice. This is one which has ended up on the back burner for a while. I think I will use outlooks standard auto archive feature and set the destination folder as my NAS.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements