× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: @jlkansascity If you look on the other thread (mdgm has p...

Re: PLEX does not show up in APPs on 6.6.0 Ready NAS 104

I've tried both v1.2.1 & 1.2.2 version of PMS (only available publicly to Plex Pass members) on my 214 and both install 'successfully', but fail to start, with an Empty Resource Error: Bad NML call.

Looks as if Plex are busily trying to resolve the issue following the 6.6.0 upgrade, and found success on some systems but not others.

I've sent a Plex developer a good deal of log content and now awaiting a response.

Note: what I fail to understand about the latest upgrade from Netgear, is why developers are not exposed to early releases of the firmware so that they can prepare for what constitutes a major upgrade? it makes no sense to upgrade in this way when those buying your products often do so because of the support for specific applications (in this case Plex). There should be no need for this kind of reactive support...

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 26 of 46
Pinkyg
Apprentice

Apparently the 6.6.0 update has been available for testing for a couple of months, so I don't understand how this has been allowed to happen.

I think for the major apps compatibility should be confirmed before pushing through updates. All it takes is a little communication.

The latest I understand on the issue is that 1.2.2 has a temporary fix in place that should get PMS up and running, but it isn't working for everyone.

It's working for the dev I know that, but I have yet to see a thread myself where a user has reported back with success. That's not to say there hasn't been success however.

There still appears to be a lot of users reporting the problem.

Message 27 of 46
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you have a NAS running the Plex RN2XX app please see https://community.netgear.com/t5/Current-NETGEAR-and-Partners/Problems-running-Plex-Media-Server-aft...

Rebooting your NAS and waiting a handful of minutes or so should lead to the problem being resolved.

Message 28 of 46
jlkansascity
Guide

This should not be marked as a "solution".  I rebooted my NAS and waited a handful of minutes and PLEX is STILL missing fromt the APPS tab...

Message 29 of 46
jeb081998
Aspirant

Message 30 of 46
jeb081998
Aspirant

Is there a way to revert back to a previous firmware update to get plex running again? 

Message 31 of 46
StephenB
Guru

@jeb081998 wrote:

Is there a way to revert back to a previous firmware update to get plex running again? 

You shouldn't need to.  Rebooting the NAS should add the missing packages.

You might also want to overinstall plex.

Message 32 of 46
Pinkyg
Apprentice

I shut down and started my nas but plex still didn't work. That was last night and it still didn't work today.

I decided to try downloading the missing package from the Netgear repository and upload it to the nas. This failed but Plex is now working. Apparently installing the missing package also triggers apt-update?
Message 33 of 46
jlkansascity
Guide

Rebooting the nas does NOT resovle the issue StephenB....

I've said that several times in here.

Message 34 of 46
Pinkyg
Apprentice

@jlkansascity If you look on the other thread (mdgm has p...

@jlkansascity

If you look on the other thread (mdgm has posted above) and look at his solution post. In the last paragraph is the link to download the missing package from 6.6. Just upload it as you would try to upload plex onto the nas. Then try plex and see if you have any luck.
Message 35 of 46
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Wait you have a RN104? Then your issue is different.

Message 36 of 46
jlkansascity
Guide

Yes, I have a RN 104 and I've had this issue for about a month. It started when I upgraded to 6.6.0, planning on installing PLEX after I had the firmware updated.  I haven't seen Plex in the menu since, although it was there before.

Message 37 of 46
jeb081998
Aspirant

Rebooting does not work.  The Plex app is showing in the apps section but get a page does not display.  You would think that this would fixed before the firmware release.

Message 38 of 46
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

So you haven't installed Plex yet.

You need to download Plex from plex.tv/downloads and install it via the Upload button on the Apps tab.

Message 39 of 46
Adrimaxi
Tutor

No the current Plex available in the plex website isn't working with RN 104 along with OS 6.6.0. Please delete the post of the thread related to RN2XX, it is confusing also for the moderators.... This is clearly out of the scope of the thread topic.

Thanks

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 40 of 46
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are any of you still having this issue? If so, could you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 41 of 46
Adrimaxi
Tutor

Message 42 of 46
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you try uploading the app using a different web browser?

Message 43 of 46
Adrimaxi
Tutor

Thanks, it is much better with Chrome (not working with Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0). Now I have to see how to connect the local interface of Plex.

Message 44 of 46
RickieAbbott
Aspirant

I just got it to work,  RN104 ,   there is two Netgear apps on plex one for the  "ARM 6"  and one for the "ARM6 (RN2xx) " .

Message 45 of 46
StephenB
Guru

@RickieAbbott wrote:

I just got it to work,  RN104 ,   there is two Netgear apps on plex one for the  "ARM 6"  and one for the "ARM6 (RN2xx) " .

Yes, and it is important to select the right download.

Message 46 of 46
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 45 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements