× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Personal Cloud

ecf039
Aspirant

Personal Cloud

For years now, I succeed building and using my own Personal Cloud based on a Netgear NAS. The infrastructure consists of different types of Android and Apple devices (portables and desktop), old and new. In order to interconnect all my devices, so I can interchange dedicated content, the NAS situates in the centre (HUB) of my configuration together with the router. The key network software in such a constellation is the ReadyCloud app and the Netgear Service. The announcement that this service will not be available any more starting 1 april 2023 has a huge impact on my business. It means that my mobile devices and the applications they run, can't connect to my NAS. All content interchange (and backup) is blocked. What is the working and tested alternative solution proposed by NETGEAR?

Message 1 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Personal Cloud

Please search the forum (Google is better at that than the built-in search), as this has been discussed quite a lot already and one more thread on it will just lead to confusion.

Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Personal Cloud

As you likely already know, Netgear is not offering an alternative solution, so you are on your own.

@ecf039:  I agree with @Sandshark that it would be best to search the forum if you want options.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements