× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please remove inactive volumes in order to use the disk - RN104

rcjr1984
Aspirant

Re: Please remove inactive volumes in order to use the disk - RN104

Hi mdgm,  Thank you for the help.  I am waiting for support to look at the NAS and hopefully recover the data.  Will nto be a total loss if they can't, but even if they can, I am not feeling good right now about keepinig this as my backup solution. 

Additionally (not wanting to turn this into a Plex discussion or anything), but I know I shouldn't have 2 apps installed, the point was they did that on their own.  If the RN2xx version isn't meant for my device, it shouldn't be in the app queue for it.  It was, and so i was told inside pLex to update to a newer version and Voila, a newer version is showing in the Apps queue, so that is what I do.  That version should have removed the one that was installed.  Also, if it isn't meant for my device, it needs renamed to be the RN21x version.  Sadly, it is the only version that works right on my device, but to have it working, it apears you actually need to have 2 versons installed!!!  Crazyness!  Dissapointed the RN204 is advertised as being able to run plex with 480p transcoding, that is just simply false infromation, and I will also be speaking to Plex about this too.  I think Netgear should remove any wording of Plex around the 204 as being able to run.  Maybe if you want to use it as a music only server?  But playing movies, no way, not on the non-RN2x version.  Ok, end of the Plex talk, sorry for the rant, just extremly fustrated.

Rob

Message 26 of 27
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Please remove inactive volumes in order to use the disk - RN104

There was a critical fix for the RN2XX app in the 0.9.15.2 update: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/62832/plex-media-server/p5

Prior to this update the settings would be lost on each restart of the app, I believe.

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements