× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power failure during resyncing form riad1 to 5

griszadwa
Follower

Power failure during resyncing form riad1 to 5

Hi,

Will need some help and advise please.

I had two hard drives in Raid1, bought one more and attached to NAS to get more space, after 1 hour I had power lost (0.2% of resyncing ).  System is not starting now booting up to 31% only.

How can get to my data now? Is there any easy way to repair it.

thanks

greg

Model: RN424|ReadyNAS 424 – High-performance Business Data Storage - 4-Bay
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Power failure during resyncing form riad1 to 5

@griszadwa wrote:

I had two hard drives in Raid1, bought one more and attached to NAS to get more space, after 1 hour I had power lost (0.2% of resyncing ).  System is not starting now booting up to 31% only.

One option is to contact paid support (my.netgear.com).  Per-incident support is fairly inexpensive (~$75); data recovery would be quite a bit more:  https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

You could also try rebooting again, but this time using the boot menu to boot the volume as read-only.  That might get you past the 31%.

If you don't have a backup plan in place for your NAS, then I suggest that you do that after you regain access.  RAID isn't enough to keep your data safe.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Power failure during resyncing form riad1 to 5

@griszadwa wrote:

One option is to contact paid support (my.netgear.com).  Per-incident support is fairly inexpensive (~$75); data recovery would be quite a bit more:  https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

You could also try rebooting again, but this time using the boot menu to boot the volume as read-only.  That might get you past the 31%.

If you don't have a backup plan in place for your NAS, then I suggest that you do that after you regain access.  RAID isn't enough to keep your data safe.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements