× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Power light blinking ReadyNAS Duo

Stianxxs
Aspirant

Power light blinking ReadyNAS Duo

Hi, i've gotten an ReadyNAS duo from a friend of mine, i replace the two 1TB disks with exact same one. I booted the NAS up and it showed up on the Raidar tool. I got "corrupt boot" so i followed the steps on the Q&A site. I did a restore and OS reinstall. However now the Power button is only blinking. Like its booting up, but it just "hangs" there, been like this for a couple of hours.

I also got the Disk2 light to light up and i was like that for a day. But nothing happend. So i took the power (tried turning it off using the power button) nothing happends. So now its onl blinking on the power button.

What can i do to get it to work?

Any help is much appreciated!

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Stianxxs
Aspirant

Re: Power light blinking ReadyNAS Duo

Nothing, it didt show up.

However what i did was to start the nas into boot menu without any disks. Then it would detect in RAIDar. Once i could detect the NAS in RAIDAR, i powered it down. Reformated my 1TB disks to MS-FAT. Put the disk in, followed the intructions to get into boot menu, and the reinstalled OS. Let it sit for a couple of hours, in my case 7 hours. Then set up the RAID and it was all good.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

What is RAIDar telling you now?

Message 2 of 5
Stianxxs
Aspirant

Nothing, it didt show up.

However what i did was to start the nas into boot menu without any disks. Then it would detect in RAIDar. Once i could detect the NAS in RAIDAR, i powered it down. Reformated my 1TB disks to MS-FAT. Put the disk in, followed the intructions to get into boot menu, and the reinstalled OS. Let it sit for a couple of hours, in my case 7 hours. Then set up the RAID and it was all good.

Message 3 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stianxxs,

Welcome to community!

Since you reformat the disks, this means it deleted the data too. 

Are these 2 disks new and no partitions? I am glad that it works now. I would just like to have you read the following:

If you have a new ReadyNAS (though it was already used by a friend, let's treat it as new) and you are trying to configure it for the first time and no data exists but you are using disks that were previously used for storage in another system, then you will see one of the errors Corrupt root, ERR Used Disks, Could not mount Root RAID.

1. You need to reset the ReadyNAS to factory default with your disks inserted. This forces any existing partitions from previous use of the disks to be deleted, so the ReadyNAS can use the disks. 
To perform a factory reset on your ReadyNAS refer to the hardware manual for information on accessing the Boot Menu and selecting the Factory default option. Browse to the section Boot Menu for your model of ReadyNAS and follow the instructions for performing a factory default. 
Note: If you are using disk(s) that were previously used in another system (for example a Windows PC, old ReadyNAS, and so forth) then performing a factory reset will wipe all data from those disks. Any data that was residing on those disks will be lost, and NETGEAR is not liable for any data lost while performing a factory default.

2. After performing the factory default, if you still experience either error message - Corrupt root, ERR Used Disks, Could not mount Root RAID – there is still a problem with the chassis, hard disks, or the Operating system on the ReadyNAS and you need to contact Technical Support for your region for further assistance.

However, there will be no more support for legacy units as they have most likely expired hardware and support warranties, so I suggest checking the disks with diagnostic tools if you get the same problem.

Regards,
Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stianxxs,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements