× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prepping a ReadyNAS NV+ for sale?

kcrossley
Aspirant

Prepping a ReadyNAS NV+ for sale?

I'm getting ready to sell my ReadyNAS NV+. I intend to pull all 4 drives and sell it as a diskless unit. Before I do is there anything I need to do to the ReadyNAS to restore it to its "like new diskless state"?
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Prepping a ReadyNAS NV+ for sale?

My advice would be here: How to sell your ReadyNAS: Preparing your ReadyNAS for Sale

You can arguably sell your ReadyNAS in a better condition than new by loading the latest firmware onto it (the flash would be updated as well as the OS partition on the disks when you do a firmware update). Having RAIDiator 4.1.7 or later on the unit would be recommended so that the new user will get 4k sector partition alignment when they put disks into the unit.
Message 2 of 6
kcrossley
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
My advice would be here: How to sell your ReadyNAS: Preparing your ReadyNAS for Sale

You can arguably sell your ReadyNAS in a better condition than new by loading the latest firmware onto it (the flash would be updated as well as the OS partition on the disks when you do a firmware update). Having RAIDiator 4.1.7 or later on the unit would be recommended so that the new user will get 4k sector partition alignment when they put disks into the unit.

So the firmware exists on the drives, not the unit? The reason I ask is I need to pull the drives before I sell it.
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It exists on both. When you do a firmware update it updates the firmware on the flash in the unit and on the OS partition on your disks.

When a factory default is done the firmware from the flash is installed onto the disks.
Message 4 of 6
kcrossley
Aspirant

Oh, okay. So after I've updated the firmware, which I have, I can go ahead an pull the drives, correct?
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements