× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Pro 2 boot issues

bishoptf
Aspirant

Pro 2 boot issues

This has been an issue for awhile and I have choosen to ignore it but I need to somehow get this resolved. I updated my unit today to latest 4.2.23 firmware and when I rebooted it did not want to come back up. I had to drive in and putz around with it, it is on a big UPs so it rarley if ever gets booted which I think is a good thing.

what I am seeing is 2 different conditions, the one condition is no act lights or disk lights are on only the power light, raidar cannot see it and it cannot be pinged etc. The other condition is that the disk lights along with the power lights are on but no activity lights, same condition, raidar does not see it and yiu cannot ping it etc.

On about the third boot it will boot up fine and be accessible and everything appears to be working, logs are clean on frontview and health and status are all showing good. I need to open a case on it but have not done so yet, it did upgrade the firmware and once up all appears as normal its just the boot process.

I'm a linux guy so if anyone has any idea what log to loog at etc, let me know, in fact I will go look now and see if I can see anything with syslog etc. If anyone has any suggestions let me know, thanks.
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you download the logs zip file (Status > Logs > Download all logs) what does bios_ver.log look like?
Message 2 of 6
bishoptf
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
If you download the logs zip file (Status > Logs > Download all logs) what does bios_ver.log look like?

bios_ver.log - 09/08/2010 ReadyNAS-ProUltra2 V1.4

I have the log zip file just need to figure out where to post it for download, or I can post any log needed..pastebin etc
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you install the BIOS update add-on (http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=387035#p387035) and see if you still have the issue after the BIOS update?
Message 4 of 6
bishoptf
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Can you install the BIOS update add-on (http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=387035#p387035) and see if you still have the issue after the BIOS update?

Sweet, I updated the bios this morning and with trepidation I shutdown the unit. I woke it backup and low and behold it booted right up. 🙂 🙂
First time it has done that so I pushed myluck and did a reboot on it and it also worked, 2 for 2, which I haven't seen before. :shock:

So for whatever the reason it appears to have solved at least my booting issue, I might try to re apply the firmware upgrade just to see if the cycle works but so far so good. Thanks mdgm for the help and the link to the bios update 🙂
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

🙂

Thought your issue sounded like one that may be encountered when using an old BIOS.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements