× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pro 6 Stuck on READYNAS Logo

Pro 6 Stuck on READYNAS Logo

It gets stuck with or without disks in. Holding reset doesn't get it to the boot menu. I found this post but not sure what they did. Please help.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Readynas-Pro-6-won-t-boot/m-p/10369...
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Pro 6 Stuck on READYNAS Logo

There are actually many things that can cause this, but the power supply is the most common.  I'm actually surprised you found an SS-300SFD is stock anywhere, as they've been discontinued for some time.  Note that the Netgear version is different from the standard -- it has a longer 24-pin cable and three 90° 4-pin Molex connectors.  You will need a 5" (127mm) or so extender.  It's pretty easy to move the 90° Molex connectors to the new supply, which also allows you to trim out some excess wires to make it easier to dress them properly in the NAS.

If you ordered on eBay from KDM Power, they are a bit sketchy in how they list the "SS-300SFD", as the fine print says "SEASONIC Replace (MIPC)".  It's not a real Seasonic, but it will work.  And since they also say it's a "Netgear 300w Replacement MTX35" and the 24-pin has "special wiring", I believe it has the right connectors and cable length.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Usually this indicates a power supply failure.

This can be replaced - @Sandshark often offers advice on this.

Message 2 of 9

Thanks. I was just looking at ordering a SS-300SFD.
Message 3 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

There are actually many things that can cause this, but the power supply is the most common.  I'm actually surprised you found an SS-300SFD is stock anywhere, as they've been discontinued for some time.  Note that the Netgear version is different from the standard -- it has a longer 24-pin cable and three 90° 4-pin Molex connectors.  You will need a 5" (127mm) or so extender.  It's pretty easy to move the 90° Molex connectors to the new supply, which also allows you to trim out some excess wires to make it easier to dress them properly in the NAS.

If you ordered on eBay from KDM Power, they are a bit sketchy in how they list the "SS-300SFD", as the fine print says "SEASONIC Replace (MIPC)".  It's not a real Seasonic, but it will work.  And since they also say it's a "Netgear 300w Replacement MTX35" and the 24-pin has "special wiring", I believe it has the right connectors and cable length.

Message 4 of 9

That's who I bought it from! Yeah I could tell it's a knock off. Anything I can try while it's shipping?
Message 5 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

If you have a standard ATX12V supply of at least 300W, you can connect it externally and see if that fixes it.  That's actually what I typically recommend before ordering the replacement, in case it's something else.

The default (programmed into the display module) display is ReadyNAS, so it only takes 5V, and not very well regulated 5V, for it to display.  The motherboard doesn't even have to boot, which is why there are so many things that can cause it.  But the supply is the usual suspect in an older unit like yours until eliminated.

Message 6 of 9

I put the replacement psu in and it fired right up! Thanks!
Message 7 of 9
Sandshark
Sensei

Wonderful, and thanks for letting us know.  I'm assuming the KDM supply you ordered did have the proper cables length and 3 Molex connectors, then.

Message 8 of 9

They did!
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements