× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

[Pro Pioneer 6.8.0] Shares (and NFS exports) are suddenly gone (no data is lost)

MaxxMark
Luminary

[Pro Pioneer 6.8.0] Shares (and NFS exports) are suddenly gone (no data is lost)

After some time of running rather smoothly (recent factory resets have helped a lot). I recently encounterd an issue with the sharing of my volumes.

They all, except for the home folders, seem to have vanished. Luckily I had saved my /etc/exports so I can manually re-share everything over NFS, but am not possible to do so anymore from the web-interface. Is there any way I can restore this without doing a factory reset

If im remembering correctly, I encountered this in the past, but that was around the time I did a factory reset and had to restore data anyway, so it wasn't a problem back then. However, now I'm reluctant to do a full restore of 14TB from which a large part has to be recovered from an online source, so it would take a while to restore.

I have attached a screenshot of my shares and the /etc/exports content (these were previously generated by the admin, but right now they only generate the content of the homedirs).

root@NAS:~# cat /etc/exports 
"/run/nfs4" *(ro,sync,insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,fsid=0)
"/home" *(insecure,insecure_locks,root_squash,anongid=99,anonuid=99,no_subtree_check,rw,sync)
"/run/nfs4/home" *(rw,sync,insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,fsid=1)
"/run/nfs4/data" *(ro,sync,insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,fsid=16118249795277433782)
"/run/nfs4/data/Backup" *(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,ro,async) 192.168.1.2(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,rw,no_root_squash,crossmnt,async) 192.168.1.92(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,rw,no_root_squash,crossmnt,async)
"/data/Backup" *(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,ro,async) 192.168.1.2(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,rw,no_root_squash,crossmnt,async) 192.168.1.92(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,rw,no_root_squash,crossmnt,async)
"/run/nfs4/data/Music" *(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,rw,async)
"/data/Music" *(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,rw,async)
"/run/nfs4/data/Pictures" *(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,rw,async)
"/data/Pictures" *(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,root_squash,rw,async)
"/run/nfs4/data/Videos" *(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,no_root_squash,ro,async) 192.168.1.2(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,rw,no_root_squash,crossmnt,async) 192.168.1.92(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,rw,no_root_squash,crossmnt,async)
"/data/Videos" *(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,crossmnt,anongid=99,anonuid=99,no_root_squash,ro,async) 192.168.1.2(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,rw,no_root_squash,crossmnt,async) 192.168.1.92(insecure,insecure_locks,no_subtree_check,rw,no_root_squash,crossmnt,async)

Model: RNDP600E |ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer Edition|EOL
Message 1 of 3
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: [Pro Pioneer 6.8.0] Shares (and NFS exports) are suddenly gone (no data is lost)

That mean that most likely the contents of /data/._share/ are missing.  You can bring the shares back in the GUI with these commands:

# for path in /data/*; do share=$(basename $path); [ $share = home ] && continue; mkdir /data/._share/$share; echo -e "[$share]\npath = $path\navailable = 0'" > /data/._share/$share/samba.conf; done
# systemctl restart readynasd
Message 2 of 3
MaxxMark
Luminary

Re: [Pro Pioneer 6.8.0] Shares (and NFS exports) are suddenly gone (no data is lost)

Thanks for the solution!

Interestingly the  folder (._share) was there. I made a backup of it (just in case it happens again in the future).

I did however run let readynasd restart. This did the trick and made the shares come back again.

Strange, as I had rebooted the NAS a few times since the problem happened and that didnt do the trick. I will remember this in the future. 

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements