× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problem Replacing Drive on NV+

Myrle
Aspirant

Problem Replacing Drive on NV+

I came in one day and the NV+ showed the #1 Hard drive as bad (blinking light along with message on display). Checked it with manufacturer utilities and it definately shows bad. I ordered same size and model drive (drives and NV+ are only 5 months old) and did a hot swap change. After less than a minute the unit went back to showing #1 hard driuve as bad. It does not give a message that it is resyncing. I have left it going for several hours just in case that it might be resyncing. At the same time the NV+ is is no longer visable on my network. It shows in Raidar with the correct static IP address although the setup button is greyed out. It can be pinged across the network as well. Is it resyncing? Should I power it down and restart?
Message 1 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Problem Replacing Drive on NV+

I am going to assume that you do not have a current and complete backup. How much critical/important data do you have on the unit.

Your best bet is to get back with the tech support group to see if you can regain access to the unit to do a backup.
Message 2 of 4
Myrle
Aspirant

Actually the NV+ is the backup so I would not lose critical data but would have to send hours and hours reconfiguring and backing up. I would lose some data and would like to avoid that. That is why I put the raid at the end. I have created a support number but have yet to receive an email reply.
Message 3 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

I would get back with tech support and ask that the case be escalated.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements