× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problems following upgrade to 6.9.4

jmdhuse
Aspirant

Problems following upgrade to 6.9.4

Hello All,

So, I upgraded to 6.9.4 and following the reboot I ended up at the password recovery page, which steadfastly refused to accept the correct answer to the security question.  No problemo, says I, I'll get to the boot menu and do an OS reinstall.  I power down and power up with the reset button pushed, get to the boot menu, and select the OS reinstall option with the backup button. But, when I press the flashing power button to select that option, nothing happens.  The NAS is visible and all files are available on the network - I just can no longer log in as adminstrator.  Anyone else have this problem or have some suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks, Jon.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jmdhuse,

Welcome to the Community!

To confirm the boot menu selection, you should press the reset button briefly instead of pressing the power button. You can check this link for reference as well.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jmdhuse,

Welcome to the Community!

To confirm the boot menu selection, you should press the reset button briefly instead of pressing the power button. You can check this link for reference as well.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
jmdhuse
Aspirant

Doh! I must have read that a bunch of times and every time it did not click!  Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Jon.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements