× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Put disks from readynas ultra 6 to readynas pro 6 (both 6.8.0 software) now no volume (all disks red

ifixidevices
Luminary

Put disks from readynas ultra 6 to readynas pro 6 (both 6.8.0 software) now no volume (all disks red

Both devices are running OS 6.8.0... I thought we could just disk swap between the two without issue... (I thought going from X86 to X86 was fine?)

Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix aside from formatting and starting over?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ifixidevices
Luminary

Re: Put disks from readynas ultra 6 to readynas pro 6 (both 6.8.0 software) now no volume (all disks

Ok so it appears that once I rebooted it again then all was well and it worked fine again. Weird...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: Put disks from readynas ultra 6 to readynas pro 6 (both 6.8.0 software) now no volume (all disks

@ifixidevices wrote:

Both devices are running OS 6.8.0... I thought we could just disk swap between the two without issue... (I thought going from X86 to X86 was fine?)

It should have worked fine, assuming you moved disks with both NAS powered down.

Hopefully someone from Netgear will help.

Message 2 of 4
ifixidevices
Luminary

Ok so it appears that once I rebooted it again then all was well and it worked fine again. Weird...

Message 3 of 4
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

The 4 drives showing red means that something prevented the RAID from starting or the data volume from mounting. In either case, a simple reboot can be done to see if it comes back up, maybe there was a timeout when it tried to import. Your systemd-journal log from the log bundle will explain what happened when it tried to mount your volume. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements