× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QuickBooks Linux DB Server Manager on my ReadyNAS?

MattNeimeyer
Guide

QuickBooks Linux DB Server Manager on my ReadyNAS?

Short version: Anyone have words of wisdom on running the QuickBooks Linux DB Server Manager on ReadyNAS OS6?

Longer version: I currently have both a Pro2 and a Pro6. The Pro2 came with OS6 (running 6.5.2 but I do plan to upgrade it to 6.6.1 eventually) and the Pro6 has been upgraded manually to 6.6.1 from the original Legacy Firmware. I also have a PC that I ONLY keep around because it runs the QuickBooks server for a business we acquired. IE we need to be able to get into it for historical stuff often enough that single user mode isn't sufficient.

The documentation for the QB Mgr says that I need to be running the following (or newer) things that are not already installed:

gamin 0.1.7.7 OR fam 2.7.0

libgcc 4.2.1

libstdc++ 4.2.1

I assume I can install those via apt-get at the command line but are those known to break anything else or screw me up somehow (thinking especially future firmware upgrades)?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated! Thanks!

Matt

Model: ReadyNASRNDP2110|ReadyNAS Pro 2, ReadyNASRNDP6350|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 1 of 2
MattNeimeyer
Guide

Re: QuickBooks Linux DB Server Manager on my ReadyNAS?

So for anyone that is curious... I downloaded the ReadyNAS VM to try this...

While I was able to install the prerequisite packages (libgcc, etc) I was unable to convert the RPM to a DEB using Alien because the ReadyNAS is 64-bit and the RPM was 32-bit.

So I'm stuck (for now)...

Matt

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements