× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAIDar SETUP & BROWSE grayed out

AbelSmit
Aspirant

RAIDar SETUP & BROWSE grayed out

Hi there,
Any idea why the SETUP & BROWSE buttons on RAIDar (4.3.1) are grayed out? Rebooted the NAS NV+ a coupleo of times and re-installed the firmware from flash by pressing the reset button at powering on the system. Any suggestions are welcome!

Greetings,

Abel
Message 1 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What do you see under the Info (far right) column in RAIDar for your NAS?
Message 2 of 13
AbelSmit
Aspirant

I see "- -".
Also, I don´t see the disks in RAIDar. I can access the files on the NAS, just can´t get to SETUP/Frontview..
Message 3 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If things are working properly you should see the version of RAIDiator firmware installed on your NAS there or some other important info (e.g. filesystem check). The info column certainly shouldn't be blank.

Do you have any addons installed? What version of RAIDiator firmware was installed on your NAS?

I would suggest you contact tech support for assistance (if over 90 days since purchase and you didn't buy a ProSupport contract, use the Online Submission link in my sig). Please edit the title of the opening post in this thread to include your case number.
Message 4 of 13
AbelSmit
Aspirant

Everything was running fine since 2 years or so.. No idea what triggered the behavior. IAdd on installed is Twonky (Streaming app) . I can still See the NAS file system, just cannot get to Frontview.. Will try contacting tech support ..
Message 5 of 13
PapaBear1
Guide

How is your PC connected to the NAS? Is it a wireless connection or wired?

Have you tried connecting to Frontview directly via your browser by entering "https:/<ipofNAS>/admin? Note: the IP address will be displayed on the LED panel of the NV+ if you press the power button momentarily.
Message 6 of 13
AbelSmit
Aspirant

Hi there, was out for a week, just tried to access directly "https:/<ipofNAS>/admin", am prompted for username and password, enter what I wrote down a couple of years ago, does not let me in ..
Message 7 of 13
PapaBear1
Guide

If you reinstalled the firmware, try using admin for the userid and netgear1 for the password. Those are the defaults for Frontview. I believe a firmware reinstall resets them to the default.
Message 8 of 13
AbelSmit
Aspirant

Great, that gets me to ReadyNAS Frontview. Now it tells me:
Hostname: NAS001
Model: ReadyNAD NV+ (X-RAID)
Serial: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Firmware: (1.00a043)
Memory: 1024MB (2.5-3-3-7)
IP address: 192.168.1.46
Volume C: Online, RAID Level, disks, 0% of 0MB used

The Green lights for Volume, Fan, Temp are green, the 4 LEDs for the disks are gray..

Now, in RAIDar the lights for the disks are green, on the display for the NAS the LEDs for the disks are green and the display reads:
IP 192.168.1.46
C: 1.7/2.7T Free

Also, the streaming service (Twonky 4.4.11) is running (38000 music files; .flac).

Don´t see the NAS file structure / tree on explorer (on a PC) or Finder (on MAC).. Any ideas???
Message 9 of 13
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please post your tech support case number as I suggested above.
Message 10 of 13
PapaBear1
Guide

Also it is not a good idea to post the serial number of a unit in a public forum. It is not needed in the forum to review the situation.
Message 11 of 13
AbelSmit
Aspirant

Ok, logged a support issue and removed the serial number from the thread, thank you all for your help!
Message 12 of 13
Rabbit1
Aspirant

Did you ever find a fix for your RAIDar Setup Greyed out - I have the same issues - thanks
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements