× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAIDar not showing correct model

russem21
Aspirant

RAIDar not showing correct model

Hello! I'm new to the forum. I have connected my ReadyNAS 2100, and RAIDar is showing it as an NVX. I updated to the latest firmware via RAIDiator, but it still shows NVX. Has anyone seen this before? It's driving me batty!
Message 1 of 8
dbott67
Guide

What version of RAIDar are you running?

Does RAIDiator report the unit correctly?
Message 2 of 8
arjoseph1
Tutor

There is a poissiblity that the VPD in the flash of your NAS chassis was changed while doing the firmware update. I will recommend that you contact support so that they can reflash the right VPD for your unit.
Message 3 of 8
russem21
Aspirant

I am using RAIDar 4.3.2
Message 4 of 8
russem21
Aspirant

and no, it is displaying the unit as ReadyNAS NVX Business Edition [X-RAID2], and showing as a tower, but my unit is a rack-mounted 2100.
Message 5 of 8
dbott67
Guide

russem2 wrote:
and no, it is displaying the unit as ReadyNAS NVX Business Edition [X-RAID2], and showing as a tower, but my unit is a rack-mounted 2100.

It appears that arjoseph is correct. The VPD (vital product data) appears to have been changed during an upgrade.

Best bet is to contact support as suggested and they will be able to re-flash it. FWIW, I had a similar glitch a few years back with my NVX and it's VPD. They were able to remote in and fix it: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=32986&p=181347&hilit=vpd#p181347

-Dave
Message 6 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

Russ, this is a fairly easy fix, but will require you put the system in Technical Support mode. http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/boot/how ... on15002100
RAIDar will then show a five digit ID in the Info field, let me know what that is.
Message 7 of 8
arjoseph1
Tutor

Thanks Grand Master Chirpa for assisting the customer! 😄
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements