× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAIDar shows my ReadyNAS NV+ V2 but get a "Unable to connect" when try to reach admin page

Tom2B
Guide

RAIDar shows my ReadyNAS NV+ V2 but get a "Unable to connect" when try to reach admin page

I have been trying to update the firmware in my ReadyNAS NV+ V2 but  from the Raidar Admin Page button or directly typing in the IP address I get a  "Unable to connect" message. This is from Firefox but the same results occur using Chrome or Edge. I am able to see and access the shares on the NAS. The Firmware version is 5.3.12. What do I need to do to get to a login page?

Model: ReadyNASRND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RAIDar shows my ReadyNAS NV+ V2 but get a "Unable to connect" when try to reach admin

If you don't have an up-to-date backup, then you should make one before you go any further.

Is SSH enabled on the NAS?

Things you could try include

• using ssh to check for a full root partition (and clean if necessary)
  • forcibly powering down, and then restarting the NAS
  • using Netgear paid support (my.netgear.com)
  • doing a factory reset, reconfiguring the NAS, and restoring data from backup
Message 2 of 5
Tom2B
Guide

Re: RAIDar shows my ReadyNAS NV+ V2 but get a "Unable to connect" when try to reach admin

I backed everything up to another NAS; only took a couple of days. I rebooted the NAS and it said that it was trying to get an IP address. I checked all of the ethernet cables and found the one that plugs into the NAS was loose. When I plugged it all of the way in, the NAS got it's IP address and I was able to access the Dashboard and update the firmware.

Message 3 of 5
Tom2B
Guide

One other question: Since the size of the NAS is measured in terabytes, is there a recommended method to backup one of these devices?

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@Tom2B wrote:

I backed everything up to another NAS; only took a couple of days. I rebooted the NAS and it said that it was trying to get an IP address. I checked all of the ethernet cables and found the one that plugs into the NAS was loose. When I plugged it all of the way in, the NAS got it's IP address and I was able to access the Dashboard and update the firmware.

Great.

@Tom2B wrote:

One other question: Since the size of the NAS is measured in terabytes, is there a recommended method to backup one of these devices?

Personally I back mine up to other NAS, and also use Crashplan cloud backup for disaster recovery.  I've chosen to install Crashplan on a PC that has the NAS data volume mounted as a network drive.  I have about 12 TB of data.

There are folks here who use USB hard drives (as many as is needed to match the NAS capacity).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements