× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAIDiator 4.2.31 Snapshots unable to roll back

wolfintosh
Aspirant

RAIDiator 4.2.31 Snapshots unable to roll back

Hello All

I do not understand snapshots in RAIDiator v 4x? I have a Synology RS815+ as well as an ReadyNAS RD10222D running RAIDiator OS 6, both devices let me restore versions via the Windows Shadow copy feature ("Restore previous versions"). Now I would like to set my ReadyNAS Pro 6 running RAIDiator v  4.2.31 to do the same. I have set up Snapshots under Volumes settings (the only settings for snapshots that I can find) to do daily snapshots every 24 hours but the Shadow copy feature is not working.

So I take it Shadow copy feature is not supported, but if v 4x allows me only to restore an entire volume from a snapshot but not an individual file then where is that setting to do so hidden?

Thanks for taking the time to explain!

Wolfgang

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6310|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

The Pro6 can (unofficially) run OS6.x just fine.  Just do a search of the forum on how to install.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
jak0lantash
Mentor

Message 2 of 5
wolfintosh
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Just to confirm, by reading through it all I gather the snapshot feature in RAIDiator 4x really only makes ONE copy of the volume. Since I have my NAS set to make a snapshot every 24 hours then I can retrieve files as they where 24 hours ago by navigating to the folder with the -snap extension, but am out of luck should I need anything earlier - Pretty lame.

I gather I made the wrong choice by choosing a ReadyNAS restricted to running RAIDiator v4 as a backup.

Message 3 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

The Pro6 can (unofficially) run OS6.x just fine.  Just do a search of the forum on how to install.

Message 4 of 5
wolfintosh
Aspirant

Splendit, exactly what I was looking for. I followed along these instructions: http://netgear.nas-central.org/wiki/OS6_on_Legacy_x86

and am running OS6 now.

Thanks so much!

Wolfgang

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements