× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: READYNAS CANNOT JOIN TO DOMAIN

ALOKESH
Aspirant

READYNAS CANNOT JOIN TO DOMAIN

CANNOT CONNECT TO ACTIVE DIRECTORY SHOW TIME OFFSET BETWEEN THE SYSTEM AND SERVER IS TOO LARGE .BUT TIME IS CORRECT . FIND THE SCREENSHOT FOR DETAILS

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 1 of 6
DEADDEADBEEF
Apprentice

The error says what the issue is, the time difference on ReadyNAS vs your domain is too large.. Check your NTP settings and make sure to sync up the time

Message 2 of 6
ALOKESH
Aspirant

Already Check our  NTP settings and make sure to sync up the time.All are ok .Please tell me how can  i resolved the issue 

Model: RN626X|ReadyNAS 626X – 6 Bays with Intel® Xeon® Quad-Core Server Processor
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@ALOKESH wrote:

Already Check our  NTP settings and make sure to sync up the time.All are ok .Please tell me how can  i resolved the issue 

I don't use AD, so I can't help with the main problem.  But I am thinking that you might want to configure the NAS to use same NTP server as your domain controller.

Message 4 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

Selecting the wrong time zone on one can also cause this problem, I believe.

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

The NAS DNS config must only use the AD DNS, the AD account requires the appropriate privileges, the NAS must be able to resolve and ping the domain (like ping netgear.local) and then the server (like ping ad1.netgear.local), ...

When I have it right there is a domain_join.log file created by the frontview (Web UI) somewhere in a ReadyNAS log or logs folder - this contains the insight what is going wrong.

Note: Have no ReadyNAS on an AD as of writing, so can't check and test the details. Issues are similar on Syno or QNAP btw - all plain standard SAMBA under the hood.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements