× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN 102 / OS 6.4.1: Unable to access $user_home whilst other shares are working

Jesaiah
Aspirant

RN 102 / OS 6.4.1: Unable to access $user_home whilst other shares are working

Hey there,

Win 8.1 pro - Samba

setting aside that my RN 102 is extremely slow after updating to 6.4.1, I am unable to access my home folder now ... 

The data is still there (I can access the system via the web frontend and ssh), and SMB is enabled on the "Home Folders". I can see the home folder, if I enter the \\ip.address.of.share\ ; however, I am not able to mount it. Strange enough, I am able to mount the other shares that are not $username but "manually defined" ones without any problem.

Windows complains either about an incorrect password or that the share is already mounted. Using cmd -> net use I sometimes (not always) see a connection to \\ip.address.of.share\IPC$ WITHOUT being mapped to a drive letter.

tail -f to /var/log/samba/log.smb reveals that there is no samba authentication activity while trying to mount $home.

I am a bit disappointed - help would be highly appreciated

Thanks a lot

CW

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Jesaiah
Aspirant

Re: RN 102 / OS 6.4.1: Unable to access $user_home whilst other shares are working

Good morning, Yes, I have.

Good news: I downgraded to OS 6.4.0 and this problem was solved too - NAS is completely available and fast enough again.

Issue solved. Can you perhaps mark this thread as closed/solved?

Thank you for your fast reply!

Have blessed days - CW

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN 102 / OS 6.4.1: Unable to access $user_home whilst other shares are working

Have you verified that you are logged in as the user that you wish to mount the home directory for?

Message 2 of 4
Jesaiah
Aspirant

Good morning, Yes, I have.

Good news: I downgraded to OS 6.4.0 and this problem was solved too - NAS is completely available and fast enough again.

Issue solved. Can you perhaps mark this thread as closed/solved?

Thank you for your fast reply!

Have blessed days - CW

Message 3 of 4
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jesaiah,

Thanks for your feedback and the post has already been tagged as resolved. If you have any questions, just update this thread or a create a new one.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements