× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN 104 failed to start with "Boot from USB" - no FW update

StephenB
Guru

Re: RN 104 failed to start with "Boot from USB" - no FW update

@berillio wrote:

OK, I'll stay put.

Would it be advisable to start registering the new NASes (one is still packed, I won't receive the disks until after Easter)?

You could register one, and then use your phone support to ask about the firmware upgrade concern.

Message 51 of 56
berillio
Aspirant

phone support? from England?

Message 52 of 56
StephenB
Guru

@berillio wrote:

phone support? from England?

There is a support center in Ireland, so you should be able to get phone support.  Live Chat is another option.  You'll get 90 days of phone/chat support when you register.

Message 53 of 56
berillio
Aspirant

BTW, I tried to find the NETGEAR Ireland support telephone linenumber, or the OnlineChat, both of which I would have much preferred to use, but I could not find either of them.

Message 54 of 56
StephenB
Guru

@berillio wrote:

BTW, I tried to find the NETGEAR Ireland support telephone linenumber, or the OnlineChat, both of which I would have much preferred to use, but I could not find either of them.

Are you using my.netgear.com to contact them?

Best not to google, as there are a lot of scam support numbers out there.

Message 55 of 56
berillio
Aspirant

Apologies for the delay: the Easter weekend might have been a difficult time (we are also in lockdown) to contact NETGEAR (I tried three times to place calls or send emails with no results), but yesterday, the tuesday after Easter Bank Holiday, I eventually managed to speak with a NETGEAR engineer.
He adviced me that the 6.2.5 firmware was not an issue (like I feared), and after initially testing the new RN214 with that zeroed disk (which then had the 6.10.1 OS transferred to it), we successfully migrated my array which is currently available again.
Unfortunately the line dropped before we finished (we were setting up permissions) and I did not even have the possibility of say Thank You to Robert for his help and patience (that was over two hours phone calls).
Many Thanks also to StephenB, Sandshark and all the others who helped / contributed on this thread.

Message 56 of 56
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 55 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements