× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN 104 - firmware update fails from 6.5.2 (to 6.9.5)

pgn93
Aspirant

RN 104 - firmware update fails from 6.5.2 (to 6.9.5)

Hi,

I am trying to update the firmware on my ReadyNAS 104 which is currently running under version 6.5.2

When I check for updates I see that the latest version is 6.9.5 but when I click on the Update button in the admin page, it downloads for a few seconds and I then get an error message saying "file corrupted or not found". 

Any idea on how to fix this ? Thanks in advance for your help

pgn93

PS : In reality I am not sure what is the drawback of staying with the 6.5.2 version which seems to work fine for me. So any guidance on this can help me decide how much effort I need to put on resolving this issue !

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN 104 - firmware update fails from 6.5.2 (to 6.9.5)

Hi pgn93,

The chassis is already updated to 6.10.2 and rebooted it. It should upgrade the firmware on the next reboot.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@pgn93 wrote:

PS : In reality I am not sure what is the drawback of staying with the 6.5.2 version which seems to work fine for me. So any guidance on this can help me decide how much effort I need to put on resolving this issue !

There are quite a few security fixes (and other bug fixes) since 6.5.2.

As far as features go, the main thing that comes to mind is new cloud services. If you want to use ReadyCloud, you will need to upgrade.

Personally I'd try to get it fixed.  Perhaps start by asking @JohnCM_S (or perhaps @Hopchen ) to analyze your log zip file.  Don't post a link to the log zip here - instead send them a private message with a link.

Message 2 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi pgn93,

The chassis is already updated to 6.10.2 and rebooted it. It should upgrade the firmware on the next reboot.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements