× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN Duo v2 5.3.9 Won't auto-set permissions

HalGailey
Follower

RN Duo v2 5.3.9 Won't auto-set permissions

Hi, I have had this issue for a while, even had support remote ssh in and take a dig around. But, even with the newest update our issue persists. We have multiple people connecting to the NAS and need certain ones to have read/write and creation access... SO we set up accounts with permissions and passwords, etc. But whenever someone puts a file on the NAS it inherits its old permissions from that PC rather than being reset by the NAS to allow other users to access and change it. We can hit the reset permissions button and all the files change to an operable set of permissions but we believe, and were told by our NG support tech, that we shouldn't have to do that, as soon as the file is on the server the ownership and permissions should change to allow the preset users their allowed levels of access. And that just hasn't been happening, is it just a headache we are going to have to put up with? Is it something the NAS just will not properly support? All the pertinent machines are running Windows 8 pro, most of them are connected via WiFi but a couple are hardwired. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

NOTES:
All users have specific permissions set, And groups are set and allowed. Power-Users have full access to most files, Admins have full access to all files. When a file is created by an admin account it only has permissions for admin accounts (not correct permissions enabled though) and the specific account itself. When a Power-User creates a file the permissions show the power-users group (not with correct permissions enabled though) and the specific account...

Any more info I find or glean I will attempt to get to you guys ASAP
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements