× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rjb1984
Aspirant

Hello,

After doing some searches and failed with the solutions i've read, I thought i'd ask for help! 

I'm runing a 4tb western digital red on a RN102. Recently, the system recommended an update (not sure which firmware) and since then i've been unable to access the admin page. When ever I try and log in, the device gives me an accessing page and asks for the user and password. I put this in and a few minutes later, the same pop up appears but instead of my user name, it displays a set of numbers. No matter what I do, I cannot get into the admin page.

I have accessed the boot menu and reinstalled the OS. This didn't have any effect.

The power button flashes constantly since the firmware update attempt.

I can still access the hard drive via my PC and I can still view media through my TV.

I would rather not wipe the hard drive as I don't have another that is large enough to take the data! If this is the only last resort, i'll have to order a new drive.

I've downloaded RAIDar, which tells me i'm using firmware 6.10.0. I've downlaoded the logs but I don't know what i'm looking at! Any advice or help would be great.

Thank you,

Richard

Message 1 of 2
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @rjb1984

Welcome to the Community!

There is usually an update path for the RN100 series but since the system detected the update it should have followed the correct upgrade path.

It will be better if you can contact Support for this issue since they will need to access the NAS through SSH and also check for any issues. You can create your Support case by logging into your MyNETGEAR account portal. 

You can also send the logs to us through PM if you want, kindly send a link with Gdrive or Dropbox.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements