× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN102 Settings not saved when editing a backup job on 6.4.2

chokobanana
Guide

RN102 Settings not saved when editing a backup job on 6.4.2

I can't get any backup job settings to actually get saved into the system, is it only me or is this a bug?

I purchased my RN102 at the time it was released and I've been using it ever since with occational updates. (I've never reset the system completely). At the time of purchase I configured up 5 backup jobs (to my other NAS) and these have been working perfectly.

Yesterday however, I tried to add a new backup-job but the settings didn't get saved into the system (OS 6.2.5). So I decided to update to the latest firmware which at the time of writing is 6.4.2 but this didn't help. The problem remains even though I have completely removed the job and re-added it.

Here's instructions on how to recreate:

1. Click Backup button on menu.

2. Click Add Backup button on upper right.

3. Enter settings. In my case I would enter the following:

Backup job name: Media-Backup

Location Path: /data/Media-Backup

To: Remote

Host: 192.168.1.200

Protocol: Rsync server

Share: array1_RilakkumaBackup

Next

Save

So far everything works fine!

The problem occurs when trying to edit a backup job. Any changes made to the popup box that appears after clicking a job + settings button don't get saved after reloading the page.

For example: The job I added above will save the initial settings but not all options are available. "Remove deleted files on target" is not available when adding a job. It is however configurable when editing a job. If I edit a job, check this button and click OK everything seems to have worked. I can open up the job and verify there is a check there. But, as soon as I click the Reload button to the very top right the changes are lost.

Summary:

Adding a new job works!

Editing a job doesn't save the settings to the system.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 10
chokobanana
Guide

I made a short screen-recording that shows the problem..

Download

Message 2 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Does this only happen for shares with a - or _ in the name?

If you clear your web browser cache, close your web browser and reopen the web admin interface has the change stuck even though it didn't appear to have in your video?

What about if you try a different web browser?

Which web browser and version are you using?

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 3 of 10
chokobanana
Guide

I completely removed the hyphen but it didn't help.

I closed Chrome (v48) and completely reopened the web interface but it didn't help.

I downloaded and installed Firefox and then re-added the backup job (without hyphen) but it didn't help.

I ususally use Chrome in OSX but for testing purposes I also downloaded Firefox.

I'll PM you the logs. Thanks!

Message 4 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please also provide me with the Config Backup and the relevant backup job number

Message 5 of 10
chokobanana
Guide

Sure, I'll PM you

Message 6 of 10
chokobanana
Guide

Just thought I'd let you know that I tried the following as well but nothing helped:

• Rename backup name to something else than "Media"
  • Select a different volume
  • Select a different folder (path) to backup

I don't know if I am able to edit the old jobs that I created years ago.. but I'm not willing to try to delete a job and add it back 😉   (Since they work perfectly fine)

Message 7 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks. I have reviewed your logs and checked with engineering and they have already reproduced this.

Message 8 of 10
chokobanana
Guide

Great! What does that mean? Will it get fixed in the next release? Do you know when the next update will be released? Is there anything I can do now to fix it?
Message 9 of 10
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have asked engineering for an update. I don't know if it will be fixed in time for the next release.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements