× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 keeps on going offline

rmcph1961
Aspirant

RN102 keeps on going offline

Hello, I am new to the Forums and I have a ReadyNAS 102 which is currently shown as being Offline...is there a fix for this aside from unplugging and replugging in only to have the same issue keep re-occurring? Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 14
barz567
Aspirant

Re: RN102 keeps on going offline

You will have to give a bit more information.
Such as:
What firmware are you currently running?
What service have you running on the Nas? eg backups , plex servers etc..
Message 2 of 14
rmcph1961
Aspirant

It has the most recent firmware installed which I believe is 6.2.4 if i'm not mistaken and I was running backups at the time
Message 3 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

You can download the logs using RAIDar 6.0 even if the web interface shows "Device Offline".
Message 4 of 14
rmcph1961
Aspirant

The Device page doesn't open either so I'm not able to get to the logs either...should I unplug and re-plug in the unit first? also not sure how to split post into new thread per your pm
Message 5 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The Download logs button in RAIDar 6.0 doesn't work for you?

If that is the case then you could try what you suggest.
Message 6 of 14
rmcph1961
Aspirant

The application doesn't open up at all at the moment so I'm not able to access anything. I will restart it in a little bit...I have to go finish getting my exercise completed first...lol.
Message 7 of 14
rmcph1961
Aspirant

I have sent a log file and will await a response...I noticed some things being found regarding viruses in my files that are being backed up which I had better clean up before resuming the process of backing things up.
Message 8 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Could perhaps be related to the anti-virus service. Not sure from the logs though as they don't go far enough back to see. If it happens again please send a fresh set of logs.
Message 9 of 14
RobTWo
Guide

I have been using a RN 102 for almost two years and never had any problems. Until the last firmware update, where my RN went from 6.2.2 to 6.2.4. Since that time my RN also goes offline after a day or so. The only solution I have found is unplugging the power cord and restarting. IMHO the problem lies within the new firmware.

I haven't downloaded any logs yet, since my device is still offline. I hope there will be a firmware update soon to resolve this problem.
Message 10 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

RobTWo an you open RAIDar 6.0 and download your logs using that and send them to me (see the Sending Logs link in my sig for the email address)?

Just because the symptoms may appear to you to be similar it doesn't necessarily mean the problem is the same. The logs should help with determining what is going on with your system.
Message 11 of 14
rmcph1961
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
Could perhaps be related to the anti-virus service. Not sure from the logs though as they don't go far enough back to see. If it happens again please send a fresh set of logs.

Just to update... I had restarted it by unplugging and replugging back in and have since put it back into my domain and haven't been doing any scheduled backups at this time but have not experiencing it going offline since over the last 2 weeks.
Message 12 of 14
RobTWo
Guide

mdgm wrote:
RobTWo an you open RAIDar 6.0 and download your logs using that and send them to me (see the Sending Logs link in my sig for the email address)?

Just because the symptoms may appear to you to be similar it doesn't necessarily mean the problem is the same. The logs should help with determining what is going on with your system.

Since my post I have downgraded to 6.2.2 and since then the problems seem to be gone. I have sent the logs which I downloaded before downgrading.
Message 13 of 14
RobTWo
Guide

Downgrading to 6.2.2 really worked for me. Since May 29, the day I downgraded, my RN102 hasn't gone off line. In other words: it has to be an issue with firmware 6.2.4 (or perhaps 6.2.3, but I never used that one).
Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements