× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 not booting up correctly after firmware upgrade

khn604
Aspirant

RN102 not booting up correctly after firmware upgrade

Hi all,

This morning I did an upgrade to firmware version 6.10.1, which obviously failed. Currently the powerled is blinking, RAIDar shows the new firmware version, two good disks, but Status shows: "System starting up". I can ping the system, but I don't have data or console access. I tried to reinstall the firmware with multiple USB keys, without success.

Any recommendation how to bring the system back up?

Thank you in advance!

Model: RN10221D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (2x 1TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN102 not booting up correctly after firmware upgrade

It sounds like you tried a USB recovery - which only restores the flash and doesn't affect the OS partition on the disks.  Did you try an OS reinstall? See pages 20-23 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf 

That will reset the NAS admin password to password, change the network configuration to the default DHCP, and also disable volume quota.  It shouldn't affect other settings or data.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

It sounds like you tried a USB recovery - which only restores the flash and doesn't affect the OS partition on the disks.  Did you try an OS reinstall? See pages 20-23 here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf 

That will reset the NAS admin password to password, change the network configuration to the default DHCP, and also disable volume quota.  It shouldn't affect other settings or data.

Message 2 of 5
khn604
Aspirant

Thank you, outstanding support 🙂

Message 3 of 5
dimon1305
Aspirant

I have the same problem as the first message. The data on the disk cannot be erased. How can I downgrade the firmware?

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 4 of 5
khn604
Aspirant

I exactly followed the discription above, took me 5mins to solve.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements