× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 shares visible only through ssh can't see throught AdminPage and ReadyCloud

cezarysz
Aspirant

RN102 shares visible only through ssh can't see throught AdminPage and ReadyCloud

I lost access to my files through AdminPage and ReadyCloud service.

I can't see /data/data file.

I can see files only through ssh.

Can someone tell me how to manage access to my "data" shares to be visible through ReadyCloud and AdminPage.

SMB is anbled.

Probably I did delete one of the users in account menu through AdminPage but now I'm really not sure about that.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RN102 shares visible only through ssh can't see throught AdminPage and ReadyCloud

Hi @cezarysz , it could very well be a browser issue.

Therfore you might want to disable add-ins in your current browser and try again. Or you might even try different browsers (without add-ins, please) like Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge or Lunascape. The latter has three browser engines from chrome, apple and microsoft you can freely choose from.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 11
cezarysz
Aspirant

Re: RN102 shares visible only through ssh can't see throught AdminPage and ReadyCloud

No it's not browser problem.

The same situation on 3 differten computer and different OS's.

I can see only files created now through AdminPage or ReadyCloud.

Message 3 of 11
StephenB
Guru

Have you checked that the SMB service is "green" in the web ui (System->settings->services)?

If so, are you using a Windows PC or a Mac?

What error are you seeing when you use Windows File Explorer (or Finder on a Mac)?

Message 4 of 11
cezarysz
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

Have you checked that the SMB service is "green" in the web ui (System->settings->services)?

If so, are you using a Windows PC or a Mac?

What error are you seeing when you use Windows File Explorer (or Finder on a Mac)?

As I said at start - SMB is Enabled (I mean "green" in Sys ->Settings->Services

I'm using WinPC and Linux.

I didn't try to explore my nas with Win Explorer - will check that later, but there are no errors - my "data" file is "hidden" for ReadyCLoud and AdminPage.

Maybe someone can tell me where is config file for SMB? I did add my "data" shares to /etc/frontview/samba/Shares.conf but it's not enought. Maybe the ownership of my "data" is the problem?

Message 5 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@cezarysz wrote:

Maybe someone can tell me where is config file for SMB? I did add my "data" shares to /etc/frontview/samba/Shares.conf but it's not enought. Maybe the ownership of my "data" is the problem?

You should have created the shares via the web ui (and enabled them for SMB) - not added them manually to Shares.conf.  Also, shares are btrfs subvolumes, they are not folders - so they shouldn't be created with mkdir.

If you are trying to access the data volume itself with SMB, then you need to use NAS admin credentials in the PC.  The simplest way to do that is to add them to the Windows credential manager.  If you use both IP address and hostname to access the NAS, then you'd add one credential for each.

Try running CMD on the PC, and enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nas-ip-address\data /user:admin nas-admin-password

usng the real ip address and password of course.   Be careful with the typing (spaces and slash direction).  The first command terminates any open network connections (if it prompts, allow it to proceed).  The second attempts to mount the NAS data volume as drive letter t.

Message 6 of 11
cezarysz
Aspirant

After mapping disk through net use I can see my files in Exlorer.

Stiil can;t understand why I'm not in Readycloud?

What to do? Create new file in UI and move data in Explorer?

Message 7 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@cezarysz wrote:

Stiil can;t understand why I'm not in Readycloud?

Based on your earlier post on Shares.conf, you appear to have set up shares manually in ssh, and not through the web ui.

Can you explain more clearly exactly how you created them?

Message 8 of 11
cezarysz
Aspirant

I didn't create Shares.conf manualy but just modify after lost "data" share file in UI.

I just find that my "Shares.conf" returnt to it's original form after add another share file i UI.  

Message 9 of 11
StephenB
Guru

@cezarysz wrote:

I didn't create Shares.conf manualy but just modify after lost "data" share file in UI.

I just find that my "Shares.conf" returnt to it's original form after add another share file i UI.  

Thx.  So right now you can access the shares using file explorer

Can you also see them on the shares tab of the web UI (not using ReadyCloud)?

Message 10 of 11
cezarysz
Aspirant

@StephenB wrote:

Thx.  So right now you can access the shares using file explorer

Can you also see them on the shares tab of the web UI (not using ReadyCloud)?

No. I can't see shares on web UI.

I did solved problem by creating manualy each share file through UI and than move data through ssh.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements