× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN102 stuck at booting

mike1050
Aspirant

RN102 stuck at booting

Hi, can someone help please? I had occasion to remove both hdd's from my RN102, put them back in and now it seems to be stuck while booting.

The 2 drives are 4gb WD drives with about 2gb of data and everything has been fine until now.

The on/off light is flashing at a regular rate so I assume that's what is happening.

I'm going to work now and will leave it running.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN102 stuck at booting

Hi mike1050,

Great! Just ensure drives are placed on the right bay and seated properly 🙂 You may now tag this thread as resolved by clicking "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mike1050,

Can you tell us if the ReadyNAS shows up in your network or in the RAIDar utility? Also, confirm if the drives were inserted back on the unit in the same order.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
mike1050
Aspirant

Hi Brian, I have tried them in both positions and it just refuses to boot .It doesn't show up in either explorer or Raidar

Regards,

Mike

Message 3 of 5
mike1050
Aspirant

Further info Brian, I have come in from work and gone through the process again (unplug it, take the drives out, refit them) and it is now booting.

Finger trouble? Maybe..................... 🙂

Cheers for now,

Mike

Message 4 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mike1050,

Great! Just ensure drives are placed on the right bay and seated properly 🙂 You may now tag this thread as resolved by clicking "Accept as Solution" button in one of the responses that you received.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements