× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN10200-100NAS doesn't come online

kmassner1
Tutor

RN10200-100NAS doesn't come online

So I picked up a RN10200-100NAS on ebay. Backup to the backup of my primary pro-6 and ultra-4 I have laying around. So I'm paranoid.

I pop in two drives known to work, plug in network, and power on. All I get is the incessant blue power light flashing at me.  Switch knows it's there. So I direct cable to laptop, same thing. Power button won't power off. Held down like on the other ReadyNas's on the shelf, nope. Double tap like some posts, suggest, nope. Factory reset, nope. Have to unplug to power off.

I have no idea the OS release, because it won't come up. I CAN hear both drives spin up.

Am I doing something stupid? What am I missing or doing wrong? I never struggled with the other two (and btw, E7600 cpu is a great upgrade for a pro6), and I'm not exactly a novice. Winbloze is banned from my houshold. Linux!

Thoughts, guys? Much appreciated.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You might not like it, @kmassner1, but the obvious to consider would be, that the box was doa (dead-on-arrival), sorry.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Does RAIDar detect it with no drives installed?  With drives installed (and what status does it show)?  Can you ping it?

Message 3 of 5
kmassner1
Tutor

[SOLVED} Re: RN10200-100NAS doesn't come online

@Sandshark wrote:

Does RAIDar detect it with no drives installed?  With drives installed (and what status does it show)?  Can you ping it?

Thanks, I'm partially an idiot.  RAIDar said corrupt root.  So booted with no drives, THEN put in drive 1.  Format, good to go!

I don't recall having to do this with the Ultra 4 or Pro 6.

Thanks again!  You definitely kicked me in the right direction!

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: [SOLVED} Re: RN10200-100NAS doesn't come online

@kmassner1 wrote:

I don't recall having to do this with the Ultra 4 or Pro 6.

It can happen with OS 4 ReadyNAS too.  Though Netgear has taken a more cautious stance on reformatting used disks in OS 6.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements