× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10200 not working. I moved my stora device from my office to my home and now it will not work.

anthonyclavalle
Aspirant

RN10200 not working. I moved my stora device from my office to my home and now it will not work.

I moved my Model RN10200 stora device from my office to my home and now it will not work.  I cannot access any of my files.  Please help!

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN10200 not working. I moved my stora device from my office to my home and now it will not work

RN102?  or Stora?  (they are very different).

Message 2 of 5
anthonyclavalle
Aspirant

Re: RN10200 not working. I moved my stora device from my office to my home and now it will not work

First, thanks for the reply.  The device is called Netgear "Advanced Network Storage".  The Model #: RND-2D; the Model Name is: RN10200. 

anthonyclavalle_0-1669573745211.jpeg

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@anthonyclavalle wrote:

First, thanks for the reply.  The device is called Netgear "Advanced Network Storage".  The Model #: RND-2D; the Model Name is: RN10200. 

It is a ReadyNAS model - called an RN102 here.

Do you recall ever updating its firmware?

As far as troubleshooting, the first step is to see what status RAIDar is seeing for it.  RAIDar  is a utility that you install on a PC (windows or MAC).  You can find it here:

Message 4 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

Chances are you set up a static IP that was valid on your office network but isn't on your home network.  RAIDar will show you what IP address the NAS is using, and you can determine from that whether or not that's the issue.  There are a number of ways to alleviate that issue, but the simplest for you may be to put it back on the office network long enough to go to the GUI and disable the static IP.  Once DHCP is able to give it a new, compatible address on your home network, it is better to reserve an address in your router than set a static IP in the NAS (as it prevents the problem you are having if you should change networks again).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements