× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN104 Cant Access Admin Page 07-24-2015

thcscientific
Aspirant

RN104 Cant Access Admin Page 07-24-2015

Cant access my Admin page, on 6.2.2 seems like this is a issue. How can i get it updated to a new version? Please Help

Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello thcscientific,

Please see Device Offline article if you have access to the shares of the NAS.

In case you do not, see if RAIDar 6.0 will detect your NAS.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your update.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
thcscientific
Aspirant

Decide is online and I can access shares.
Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi thcscientific,

Device Offline article is about accessing admin page and getting Device Offline error when the NAS is actually online. Please see the article to view its contents and suggestions.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
thcscientific
Aspirant

Ok I see. Can I do this with the hard drives out? Or do I need to have it in?
Message 5 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello thcscientific,

Instructions on the article are Update your browser, Clear browser caches and Reinstall the OS. If you are referring to Reinstalling the ReadyNAS OS, yes it needs the disks inserted.

I suggest you check first on other computer on the same network if you get the same problem on access the admin page of the NAS.

If you feel uncomfy doing the ReadyNAS OS reinstall, feel free to contact support over the phone or CHAT. See support center contact number and options.

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Are you actually seeing the "device offline" message in the browser?  Or just failing to connect?

If you are running 6.2.2, and uninstalled an app, then you will lose access to the admin page.  That is a bug in 6.2.2.

If you have run into the 6.2.2 bug, then Netgear support should fix this w/o charge (though you might need to convince them).  If they don't, you can escalate.

A work-around which will work is possible, but requires a scratch disk.

• remove all existing drives, labeling them by slot
  • insert the scratch disk, and do the normal factory install.
  • upgrade the system to run either 6.2.4 or 6.2.5 beta
  • shutdown the system, remove the scratch disk, and reinsert the original disks.
  • then power up.

The NAS should upgrade the existing disks to use the new OS, and that will restore the UI.

Note there are other possible causes to your problem - this work-around is specific to the app uninstall bug, and likely won't fix other issues with similar symptoms.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements