× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 Not Booting - RNDB Import Error

MrPaza
Initiate

RN104 Not Booting - RNDB Import Error

My RN104 device running the latest 6.10.1 OS version suddenly stopped booting, it gets stuck on 99% and the management service remains offline. The data can still be access via SMB but the admin interface is not accesible. Using RAIDar utility diagonsistics it is showing a rndb_import error. I have tried an OS Reinstall & USB OS Recovery as well as volume ready only but it gets stuck on the same error and readynasd does not start.

Is there anything i can do apart from a factory reset?

Thanks!

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN104 Not Booting - RNDB Import Error

@MrPaza

Welcome to the Community!

Can you still get access to the logs? If OS reinstall and USB Recovery did not resolve the issue, aside from doing a Factory reset contacting Support will be another option. Also, since you have access to the data it would be best if you can do a full backup to an external storage.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 4
MrPaza
Initiate

I was able to fix the issue by recreating the timemachine config file via ssh.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @MrPaza, there are at least 2 similar cases solved, which might me interesting and/or helpful to you:

(1) Duplicated group name: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Upgrade-to-6-6-0-causing-readynasd-...

(2) A corrupt /etc/default/services file: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/readynasd-not-starting-on-RN102/m-p...

After you completed your backup you might want to try those before conducting a factory reset.

Kind regards

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements