× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 RAID1 + Single disk/RAID1

Miix
Aspirant

RN104 RAID1 + Single disk/RAID1

Hello,

Im entierly new here and I have been using A RN104 as a backup/storage and it has been working great with XRAID enabled.

Im now thinking about setting up a IP camera that can store video/pictures 24/7. So my question is;
Can I plug in a new HDD to use for surveilance and keep my two WD Red's as they are now(RAID1), or do I have to disable XRAID and then set it up again?
If I have to disable XRAID, do I have to take a backup of the two drives running in duplication/RAID1/whateveritscalled before moving to Flex-RAID, or do they ask me what I want to do and I can set them up in RAID1 again without reformatting?

Basicly what I want is: RAID1 on disk 1&2, and a second RAID/Single disk volume separated from the other disks.

Not sure if im posting in th right section or if im explaining myself right, but il give it a try!
Message 1 of 3
vandermerwe
Master

Re: RN104 RAID1 + Single disk/RAID1

Yes you can do that, but you will need to change to flexraid first.
You can switch from Xraid to flexraid just by switching off the green Xraid button. You won't lose the existing volume.
Add the new disk with the nas on , then create a new jbod volume on it.
Message 2 of 3
Miix
Aspirant

Re: RN104 RAID1 + Single disk/RAID1

Alright, thanks!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements