× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 and APC Back-UPS XS1000 intermerdiate comm failure

falconyt
Aspirant

RN104 and APC Back-UPS XS1000 intermerdiate comm failure

Hello,

I recently upgraded from my Infrant ReadyNas NV+ and frankly that thing just ran and ran without a hiccup. So I decided to go with a RN104 in place of it. My APC Back-UPS xs1000 has been hooked up to my Infrant Device forever and I have replaced the batteries over the years without issue. So brand new batteries and the RN104 I connected it and cannot communicate with it via USB. I performed two firmware updates beinging it to the latest version as of today's date.  When it restarted it successfully saw my UPS and gave it green status..

So it was fine and it actually went through a power outage and the ReadyNAS notified me of it being on battery power, then line power and returned to normal status when the power came back on.  So I'm done using it for the day and turned it off from the Web Interface. This morning turn it on and all of a sudden it just lost it's mind and cannot communicate with my RN104 any longer and the RN104 sends me e-mails hourly telling me it can't communicate. I disconnect the UPS and reconnect it and it identifies it properly and then all of a sudden it loses it's mind again and says it's unidentifiable.  Is there a fix for this? I know for a fact this UPS is fine and is identified on other devices, PC and my old Infrant via the USB.

I see from the forums this is a problem with others, is there any fix coming with a new firmware update or suggested fix?  I would buy a new UPS and relegate the XS1000 to another area but I don't want to waste my money and connect it and find that it does not work is there any verified list of working UPS devices?

Thanks..

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
falconyt
Aspirant

Re: RN104 and APC Back-UPS XS1000 intermerdiate comm failure

Hello,

I had a successfully working APC Back-UPS ES Series working on my RN102. So I took a chance and bought an APC Back-UPS ES650 and it worked just fine. So I'm unsure as to what is exactly going on with the XS1000 but my problem has been solved with this other model UPS. My firmware is 6.4.1 as well....

Thanks..

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi falconyt,

What firmware is running in your new OS 6 system? Perhaps try the latest Official Firmware or the newly released Beta Firmware (6.4.2).

Let us know what happens.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
falconyt
Aspirant

Hello,

I had a successfully working APC Back-UPS ES Series working on my RN102. So I took a chance and bought an APC Back-UPS ES650 and it worked just fine. So I'm unsure as to what is exactly going on with the XS1000 but my problem has been solved with this other model UPS. My firmware is 6.4.1 as well....

Thanks..

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements