× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN104 can not accesssed

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RN104 can not accesssed

Hello.

Booting from 104 USB Failed! It is now indicated as. BOOTMENU could not be accessed by starting with the reset button pressed.

Also, I used USB Recovery and the power was turned off after I wrote Ready NAS USB Recovery, but the situation did not change when I started it.

Can someone help me?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 4
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Retired_Member

Welcome to the Community!

The NAS turning off after initiating USB recovery means the recovery was successful.

Have you tried running the USB Recovery again using a different USB stick? Have you tried updating the Firmware before this happened?

Please try to download RAIDar as well and check on the Status after USB recovery attempt.

If the same routine happened but still the NAS is not booting, you may want to contact Support at this time and have it checked as it may need RMA.

HTH

Regards

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Marc_V wrote:

If the same routine happened but still the NAS is not booting, you may want to contact Support at this time and have it checked as it may need RMA.

This would be a warranty return, so check the warranty status before contacting support.

The warranty is three years for the original purchase.

Message 3 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

I tried another USB stick as well, and the results were the same.
Also, there was no attempt to update the firmware before this symptom appeared.
What's puzzling is that even if I didn't press the backup button, the USB recovery started by inserting the USB stick.

Last but not least, I bought it more than 6 years ago, so support is broken.

Could you tell me what I should do next?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements