× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 external filesystem not recognized

anigan
Aspirant

RN104 external filesystem not recognized

Hey guys,

I have been having a few issues since I did a system reset with USB disks. 

Some History....

I was getting a memory error and the nas not booting up so I backed up my data and did a reset (with reformat) and restored my data. 

The Problem...

Before the reset I used to put the SD card from my camera into a reader and plug it into the front USB on the nas, then load the webpage and move files around to folders on the nas.  Since the reset every USB drive I plug (Thumb drive, USB HDD, SD card) in I get a "file system not recognized" error.  The filesystem is FAT32 (USB stick, SD card) or NTFS (USB HDD).  All of these devices work fine on PCs.

I'm running 6.8.1 currently, but this wasnt working on 6.8.0 either (Figured I'd update before posting the question incase it was already fixed).

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN104 external filesystem not recognized

Hello anigan,

It does appear that the NAS cannot detect the any USB device connecting to it and getting a specific error message. Please try to download the complete logs of the NAS once done you have an option to perform an OS re-install to reflash the operating system of the NAS and then check if that will make a difference. You also have an option to format the USB device from the NAS and check if that will help to.

Regards,
Marty_M 
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN104 external filesystem not recognized

Hello anigan,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements