× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN104 no access

jayflowk
Aspirant

RN104 no access

I am now having the same exact problem as the OP and other's in this thread.  The only difference is that mine says "do_exit+844" at the end.  Any help anyone can offer is welcome.  I guess I need to contact tech support, but I'm dreading going through the first couple levels where I'm asked if it's plugged in.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN104 no access

Hi jayflowk,

I believe the issue has been resolved. Kindly click the "Accept as solution" button in one of the responses that helped fixed this issue.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
jayflowk
Aspirant

Looks like my messge was moved to a new topic.  That being the case, I will elaborate on what is happening.  I am unable to successfully boot.  Here is what is shown on the display...

When trying to start, the LED shows this information:
1. Booting...
2. Checking root FS
3. Updating FW
4. ERR: Could not properly extract
5. do_exit+844

That's it.  Get stuck.  I've tried unsuccssfully to do an OS Reinstall, I get the same sequence as listed above.  I also tried the USB restore tool, which appears to complete it's work and shut down.  But when trying to start after, I get the same sequence as listed above.

Message 2 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jayflowk,

Welcome to the community!

What is the FW version of your ReadyNAS?

Regards,

Message 3 of 10
jayflowk
Aspirant

I had just updated to 4.2.1 that day.  Seemed to be working fine.  Then, I was copying files via ssh when it seemed to go offline.  It appeared to be stuck, and couldn't shut down.  I had to unplug it.  Then, when I tried starting up I get the boot sequence listed previously.  I have tried using RAIDar, but it doesn't find my ReadyNas.

I decided to pull all the existing 4 drives, and try starting up with one clean drive.  It did a factory reset and seems to work, so I'm guessing that I can start from scratch if need be.  I'd prefer not to lose my existing files though.  RAIDar found my device when booted up with that new single drive.

Message 4 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jayflowk,

Sorry but you originally posted on a thread that is about an RN104 which is an OS6 but you just mentioned 4.2.1 FW, this is an OS4. Can you confirm please which ReadyNAS model are you using and what is the exact firmware version?

Regards,

Message 5 of 10
jayflowk
Aspirant

Sorry, typo.  The correct version that I just updated to is 6.4.1.  It was the update that just came out recently.  It is a ReadyNas RN 10400.  

Message 6 of 10
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jayflowk,

Thanks for clarifying that.

I found your case submission to support center, that support is through Email. I suggest you continued with them as it appears the chassis is good, there must be something with the OS partition or something else with the existing disks. You may also try asking the support person who is emailing you back to contact you via phone because you are entitled to a grace support over phone, that is better to speed up the process so they will get you transferred to higher tier of support.

Regards,

Message 7 of 10
jayflowk
Aspirant

Thank you, I will keep persuing things via my support case.  I believe it is a problem with my OS partition.  Memory is fine and I'm tesing hard drives now.  I tried stepping back and thinking about what could of caused it.  I'm fairly certain that I must have corrupted root.  I was copying files via SSH and I now think that I might have forgotten the '.' when I was trying to reference the local directory './'.  Because of this, I probably copied a bunch of files to the root '/' instead of my intended location.  I'm hoping there is some way to retore/reinstall the OS partition, even though the boot option to do so is failing.  Thanks.

Message 8 of 10
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jayflowk,

I believe the issue has been resolved. Kindly click the "Accept as solution" button in one of the responses that helped fixed this issue.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 10
jplee3
Apprentice

Hi all, I ran into the same issue as jayflowk did but in my case I wasn't copying anything or doing anything out of the ordinary. At some point, the system just 'crashed' with the do_exit+814 error and I'm not quite sure what would have caused it. I just unplugged power to my RN104 and started it back up and it *seems* ok so far. Not sure what logs, etc I can provide for further troubleshooting.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements